Options
2»

Replies

• wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    hipari wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »
    I've actually fallen asleep while eating so I'm gonna say when you're dead. Cuz, really then, what's the point?

:)

This is what I was gonna say. Other than that, it doesn’t matter unless there’s a medical/digestive reason, like late eating affecting your sleep or blood sugar issues that dictate a specific rhythm. Just keep your calorie intake aligned with your goals, and you’ll be fine.

Once upon a time my husband and I both worked evening shifts and finished work at 10PM, so we frequently had dinner at 11PM-midnight and then slept until noon. No problem whatsoever, except for my mom who wouldn’t believe people can live like that. Even she calmed down after I explained to her that we eat dinner after work just like she does, our work just finishes 6 hours later than hers. There’s nothing wrong with having a different eating and sleeping rhythm compared to mainstream society.

That reminds me of somebody one time who was shocked that my husband was having a beer at 8 am. :o

The fact that he had just knocked off night shift and that this was no different to other people having a drink after work at 5 pm seemed to escape her.

Uh, are you sure about that?
  • SuzanneC1l9zz
    SuzanneC1l9zz Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I've actually fallen asleep while eating so I'm gonna say when you're dead. Cuz, really then, what's the point?

This is what I was gonna say. Other than that, it doesn’t matter unless there’s a medical/digestive reason, like late eating affecting your sleep or blood sugar issues that dictate a specific rhythm. Just keep your calorie intake aligned with your goals, and you’ll be fine.

Once upon a time my husband and I both worked evening shifts and finished work at 10PM, so we frequently had dinner at 11PM-midnight and then slept until noon. No problem whatsoever, except for my mom who wouldn’t believe people can live like that. Even she calmed down after I explained to her that we eat dinner after work just like she does, our work just finishes 6 hours later than hers. There’s nothing wrong with having a different eating and sleeping rhythm compared to mainstream society.

This! I got off work at 11 PM, went to the gym, then came home and ate dinner for years. No issue at all.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,064 Member
    Options

That reminds me of somebody one time who was shocked that my husband was having a beer at 8 am. :o

The fact that he had just knocked off night shift and that this was no different to other people having a drink after work at 5 pm seemed to escape her.

Uh, are you sure about that?

Umm, am I sure about what??

I could of been misreading her reaction, I suppose.

But I am sure it was 8 am and that he was having a beer and that he had knocked off night shift.