Brand spankin new

Options
Hey y’all!

As my title says, I’m brand spankin new here! I’m looking for some active, motivational friends with weight loss as a main goal!

A little about me:
I’m Amber, 36 yr old happily married mama. I have 4 daughters (two human and two furry 😆) I’m a kindergarten teacher and LOVE my job!!
I didn’t always struggle with my weight...getting pregnant was my demise. I was never able to lose the massive amount I gained during my first pregnancy where I struggled with preeclampsia and chronic infections that required a PIC line and 3 visits a day to the hospital. And from there it just kinda slowly crept on. I am now at my heaviest ever and feel terrible (both physically and emotionally).
I don’t even really know where to start and my goal feels daunting and unachievable. So any motivating friends are welcome!

Looking forward to giving as much support as I receive and squashing those goals a little at a time! Feel free to send a friend request!
Amber 😀

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

What is your goal, and why is it daunting? Why does it seem unachievable? Can you break it down into smaller goals? Take the long view. The weight came on slowly over years, so you shouldn't plan to lose it quickly. Starting is the first step. Remember; if you don't start this year, you'll be a year older when you do! Even if you "ONLY" lose a half pound a week, a year from now you'll be 26 pounds lighter. Today is an awesome day to get started.
  • amberfay85
    amberfay85 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    @mtaratoot my ultimate goal is 133 lbs gone! Which just seems impossible at this point in time. I get all the things you said and it’s great motivation...if not now, when? 🤷🏼‍♀️

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,207 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Others have, and they aren't any more special than you.

You might see a big loss in the beginning, and when it slows down, don't be frustrated. It just happens. You'll also go off track from time to time. Dust yourself off and keep moving towards the goal. Small steps!

If you're looking for others on similar journeys, visit https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/129605-lose-1-pound-a-week-and-keep-it-off-2021, and if you want, click the JOIN button.