Inverted Triangle Ladies: Let's Lift Each Other Up! Send Positive Pictures!

Options
rachelbornstein13
rachelbornstein13 Posts: 11 Member
edited April 2021 in Motivation and Support
Dealing with negative body image issues has been an ongoing struggle for many years. I wrote a bad post about myself 2 years ago.

I am an inverted triangle: broad shoulders, wide waist, narrow hips. Body fat stored in abdomen.

I have good days and bad days, and my— like each of you all's— fitness journey has been a rollercoaster of emotions, trial and error, and progress. I always had internal conflicts about attractiveness vs. being healthy and strong. I may never have a conventionally "attractive" body type out there, but I know that I will do whatever I can to make sure my inverted triangle body is as strong and beautiful as it can be.

What am I not "proud" of?
- my broad shoulders being wider than my hips
- my lack of a "good" hip-to-waist ratio that is accompanied with the "conventionally" attractive bodies (genetics can be a bísh)
- I still can't see my abs, but I know that with my body type this takes TIME, PATIENCE, and LOVE for my body's well-being
- my "muscular" shaped breasts (that's an actual shape lol)

What am I proud of?
- my legs
- my ability to lift things and move heavy objects on my own with enough stamina
- my positive relationship with food (I love eating and eat more to fuel my gains)
- my love and lack of fear to lift weights (my primary workout source, since a lot of inverted triangles are skinny fat)
- I can do one pull-up lol XD
- I can push my own car (I even get it to move when it's turned off...)
- I FEEL STRONG

I have really bad days of falling down a rabbit hole of negativity on online forums that promote such discriminating language against our body type. It breaks my heart to see men and women measuring a woman's attractiveness by how "curvy" she is ("curvy" being the accepted hip-to-waist ratio) and how "less of a woman" she is if she doesn't have curves. It hurts more that inverted triangle ladies hate their own bodies.

I made this post because I want the curveless bodies to help promote more positivity for eachother. What are YOU proud of that your body can do or that you have done for your body?

Show me your confidence! Show me progress pictures, outfits you feel beautiful in... anything!

c2kxr2gptg4f.jpg
fqa0tmrudnm7.jpg
pfpa0a1zu3bh.jpg
knz7awxctsed.jpeg

Also my best friend advised me to follow more female influencers that promote imperfections about female bodies. There is this girl who promotes curveless positivity. :)