First 5K Race

Options
JayStu
JayStu Posts: 332 Member
I ran my first 5K race this morning and decided to do the Color Run. It was an amazing experience and possible the start to my running life. I ended up finishing the run in 29 minutes and 30 seconds but I was unable to run the whole thing. I made it to the 3K mark and had to slow down to a walk for 20 seconds then stopped a half kilometer later for another 20 second walk but finished the rest out strong. Feeling pretty good right now.

Replies

• M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hey well done! Who cares if you didn't run the whole thing, you completed it! Think of how well you will do if you run the whole thing. 29:30 is very respectable for a walk/run! some people cant even do that for a full run! keep it up
  • bert16
    bert16 Posts: 725 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That's a really great time and I've heard the Color Runs are super fun. Revel in your runner's high!!!!

Happy running! :flowerforyou:
  • lua_
    lua_ Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Well done! I'm doing my 5k in 18 days, I can't wait :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!