Energizing Diet

Options
Hey y’all

Dieting is definitely not on my list of things I’m good at! I have a very addictive personality...started with cigarettes when I was 14, I gave those up when I was 25. Then developed extreme anxiety...I self medicated with alcohol for quite some time. I quit drinking cold turkey almost 2 years ago. But I have replaced the alcohol with (you guessed it) food! In the 2 years that I quit drinking I have put on 50+ lbs!

I am using Herbalife shakes as meal replacements for 2 meals a day and eating dinner with my family. But I find myself draggin! I know it’s likely mostly becuz I’m 150 lbs overweight, but I feel like there has to be something to help with energy levels while I’m working my way down to a healthier weight!

So what’s your suggestions? What foods, what exercises, what drinks do you use that boost your energy and make you feel ALIVE for the day?!

I’m also brand spankin new here and have few friends for motivation and support, so feel free to send a friend request! 😃

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    I also suspect you are not getting enough calories.

Questions:

1. How long have you been doing the shakes?
    2. How many calories do you get per day?
    3. How are you measuring those calories?
    4. How much weight have you lost per week?

I too have a long history with self-medication. Exercise helps with this, as does therapy, especially Cognitive Behavioral-based therapy.