Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Audiobook suggestions?

I'm a huge fan of listening to a great audiobook while walking. I find it much more conducive than music etc. my all time favorites have been the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. I liked the pace of the story and the complexity of the characters.

Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while exercising? Any great suggestions?

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    I also like audiobooks for long runs, I started a thread about it ~a year ago that had some really great suggestions:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/686200-looking-for-a-new-audiobook-for-long-runs?hl=audiobook+while+running

I would add to what's in that thread:
    -Harlan Coben's Myron Bolitar Series
    - Rhys Bowen's Royal Spyness series

Though they're a bit more lighthearted than the Dragon Tattoo books (which I also LOVED on audiobooks and paper).
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    I'm a huge fan of listening to a great audiobook while walking. I find it much more conducive than music etc. my all time favorites have been the Girl With The Dragon Tattoo series. I liked the pace of the story and the complexity of the characters.

Does anyone else listen to audiobooks while exercising? Any great suggestions?

I'm addicted to audiobooks, I have one on my iPhone constantly! I don't know where you get yours from, but they are free at the library (downloadable on the internet), and they always have the new releases (although sometimes there is a waiting list).

There is another Swedish author, Henning Mankell, who reminds me of Stieg Larson, that has some interesting books. Nelson DeMille has a number of excellent books with very well developed characters - they are more of the government conspiracy and detective variety, if that interests you. Micheal Connelly and Jonathan Kellerman are also some of my favorite non-fiction authors.
  • jnc777
    jnc777 Posts: 49 Member
    Audiobooks are fab, and really encourage me to walk - currently listening to:
    Harry Potter - Stephen Fry is fab
    Philip Pullman Northern Lights series read by Philip Pullman - just on the 2nd of 3
    Harry Dresden - Jim Butcher - read by James Marster
  • NadirToZenith
    NadirToZenith Posts: 62 Member
    Thanks guys! I appreciate the references