Diary Settings for Minimum Macros & Workout Calories

Justin_7272
Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
When I add workouts my food diary increases my calories needed (which is fine), but it also increases my daily macros accordingly. I'd like my daily macros to remain set, rather than increasing with my workout calories. Is this possible?

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,094 Member
    I think it's possible, but only when paying for premium. The free version only allows you to set percentages.

That being said, I'm not sure what happens when you get extra calories from exercise and you have chosen fixed macro goals in grams, those calories have to come from somewhere too.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Not possible with the free version as it's working by percentages of your changing calorie goal.

I simply decided on mimimum goals in gram for fat and protein and kept those in mind once those minimums are met I wouldn't normally(*) be bothered which macro the additional cals came from within my overall calorie budget.

After a while it became apparent I didn't need to watch my fat goal as I met that without effort so basically I had a number of grams of protein to hit or exceed and a variable calorie goal.

(* = Except on big cycling days when I want lots of carbs and not too much fat for ease of digestion when riding.)
  • Justin_7272
    Justin_7272 Posts: 341 Member
    Premium is free for 3 months right now (Code: Springforward)

I found a section in the workout goals where you can allocate the macro adjustment so I just put them 100% into carbs since my main minimum goal is protein followed by fat. Not perfect, but it works.