What it Looks Like to Weigh Yourself Everyday for 180 Days

Options

Replies

• Daisey4522
    Daisey4522 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    So interesting! I dont weigh daily but i weigh every other day. For the purpose of a cool looking chart i might weigh daily. Not to sound creepy but i was fascinated by your weight spikes." Im like oh those look kinda random" *further inspection* "omg its real! t.o.m gains are real and i can cease to feel bad about gains during this time", even successful losers( thats an odd term) get them. So thanks for that insight lol. Great progress.:flowerforyou:

It is so interesting to see numbers being affected by our cycle... I wonder what a chart of a male looks like.
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    I too weigh in daily. I too like to see what pattern my body follows. I screen captured my weightloss for a year. My calorie intake chart for a year and my Calorie burn for a year to see the successful pattern. What works, what i need to change and i can monitor it.Its a great resource!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Thanks for posting! :) This actually convinced me NOT to weigh everyday so that I'm not tempted to let the negativity get to me. :)

You know yourself :) If you would be affected by seeing the number go up then this is not for you.

This really works for me because I'm pretty consistent and know exactly what to expect if I'm doing everything right.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I weigh most mornings unless I'm pretty sure I'm going to be up after a particularly fun evening. If you keep it in perspective, it actually makes you less crazy about fluctuations. If I weighed myself once a week and that happened to be the day my body decides to store 3.4 extra pounds of fluid, I could be pretty devastated. But, if I weighed myself the day before and was down a couple of pounds, I have nothing to stress about.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this!

I just started weighing in every day, and recording each gain or loss for data purposes as well, and its helpful to see someone else's. I gained a pound, lost two, then lost 1.5, then gained 2 today since Thursday, lol! I'm not worried about it, since I know overall it's going down, and I'm not discouraged by gains when I'm weighing every day. I also think it's interesting to see how much we fluctuate in a day or a week.
  • JMarigold
    JMarigold Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I also weigh myself daily. If I don't it's like I forget I'm trying to lose weight. LOL But I don't let gains get to me for the exact reason you've stated.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Neat
  • ecanales52
    ecanales52 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Great post......thanks for insight! Great job!
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss but also thank you! This is a perfect visualization of what everyone keeps saying. That success isn't linear, and weight loss isn't either and that your weight will fluctuate daily and weekly. :flowerforyou:
  • darylalbert
    Options
    That's pretty impressive. I just do the once a week thing for the most part. Since I found out about this site, I am down 60lbs (15 prior to this site) and about 45 since I use MFP. I use it daily, even on vacation.

Congrats to all of you who use this site and who have benefited greatly from it. We all deserve a pat on the back sometime.
  • Kara52217
    Kara52217 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily also but only log Mondays. I have done it for so long I too know my fluctuations, so no stressing about it.

FYI 180 days and 208 to almost 170!! Nice job!
  • SuperHero_Girl
    SuperHero_Girl Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    What an amazing chart! I, too, check my weight everyday, but I record my daily weight on a separate app and only record losses on MFP.
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Thanks for this!

I just started weighing in every day, and recording each gain or loss for data purposes as well, and its helpful to see someone else's. I gained a pound, lost two, then lost 1.5, then gained 2 today since Thursday, lol! I'm not worried about it, since I know overall it's going down, and I'm not discouraged by gains when I'm weighing every day. I also think it's interesting to see how much we fluctuate in a day or a week.

Exactly! And you are welcome :)

Is the image still showing up? I'm on a different computer and I can no longer see my graph. I wonder if it is just something with the display options of this computer or has it disappeared?
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    Great post......thanks for insight! Great job!

You are welcome!!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    That's pretty impressive. I just do the once a week thing for the most part. Since I found out about this site, I am down 60lbs (15 prior to this site) and about 45 since I use MFP. I use it daily, even on vacation.

Congrats to all of you who use this site and who have benefited greatly from it. We all deserve a pat on the back sometime.

Yes we do ;) Congratulations to you!
  • Daisey4522
    Options
    I weigh daily also but only log Mondays. I have done it for so long I too know my fluctuations, so no stressing about it.

FYI 180 days and 208 to almost 170!! Nice job!

Thank you so much! I actually can't believe it myself. This morning I had trouble finding anything in my closest to wear. I guess it's time to go shopping :)
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    very helpful to see the overall downward trend and to not be discouraged by fluctuations. congrats!
  • phw426
    phw426 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I agree that weighing daily keeps me from feeling frustrated with fluctuations....I know it is going to happen. I only record weekly with the official weight from attending TOPS meetings.
  • CarlaNeverGivenUp
    CarlaNeverGivenUp Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting! Love this...I weigh every day too but don't enter...will now Love those reports!
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    I actually DO weigh just about every day--sometimes 3-4 times a day--just to kind of see what my body is doing. It's been about 2 weeks since I have seen my last low weight, but I'm OK with that. This morning I was 2.6 lbs above it...but I have done 4 kick @ss workouts straight, last night I ate too many chips, and TOM is 4 days away. If I do everything I know I should do, liike drink my gallon of water, and keep my hand out of the chip bag, hopefully I will see a loss on Saturday or Sunday.

Even more important than the almighty scale, I take pictures on a regular basis. I can see the changes from my 30 day crunch challenge, and hope to see changes from my 30 day plank challenge.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!