Solo mum of 4, recovering addict, trying to find my new way of life

Hey I'm Jess. And tbh I've had a pretty *kitten* ruff last few months. I had issues with addiction and mental health, finally hitting my rock bottom this time last year. I went to rehab and got clean and was blessed to have a birth of my twins. My partner (the kids dad) stood by me through it all but unfortunately he chose to keep drinking and partying instead of sticking to this new way of life and therefore he left me when the twins were 8 weeks old. So then I became a solo mum with 8 week old twins, a 2 year old girl and a 9 year old boy. So I started running to cope with all the stresses and to stop me relapsing. I'm trying to be the best mum I can be and I was hopeful my ex would come back. We are 5 months on from then now and my ex is not coming back. In fact he's even moved on to someone else already. I'm absolutely gutted but in the plus side I have 4 beautiful children behind me and I've lost 10kg so far from running since he left. I'd really appreciate some friends or followers on here to keep me accountable

Replies

• jester3491
    jester3491 Posts: 3 Member
    I'm also training to go to apply for nz army so bonus points if you are a soldier
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    It sounds like you're kicking absolute *kitten* so far - and good riddance to bad rubbish, as far as your ex is concerned. You got this!
  • GeekDadCS
    GeekDadCS Posts: 153 Member
    Hello Jess. Not a NZer or a soldier. In fact, I'm American, so I'm want to pronounce kg as a word and will say lbs. like everyone knows how much that is. You've accomplished so much and the fact you did it with no help including while becoming a single mom speaks to your courage and your strength.
  • jester3491
    jester3491 Posts: 3 Member
    Thank you guys ❤🙌🏼 well just dropped the kids off to school so now getting ready to go for a jog (most likely a walk but we can attempt to jog)
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    I have a feeling you'll be okay. .hang in there!!!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Congratulations on getting sober. After conquering that, you can do anything!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    I am 71. my grandkids are probably about your age. I can’t imagine what you’re going through. But if a Grandma can help, I’d love to be friends.
  • sexybastard69onyou
    sexybastard69onyou Posts: 5 Member
    jester3491 wrote: »
    I'm also training to go to apply for nz army so bonus points if you are a soldier

I love nz
  • DennisWhitford04
    DennisWhitford04 Posts: 1 Member
    Your priorities including sobriety, your children, and health strike me as wonderful. They in turn will gift you back. Good luck going forward.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,341 Member
    Nothing to add, other than mucho support. 😘
  • jschandel
    jschandel Posts: 2 Member
    You totally got this. I have been in recovery over 15 years now. I work at a mental health complex, helping others ... I believe in you
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Hey Jess! I think it's great and inspirational that you're taking these steps! I have five kids and I also run. :) I'm American, so I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around kilograms, but I'm happy to cheer you on!