Calorie Burning Cheat Codes. What are your favourites and what has worked for you?

Options
I want to start this post by stating that these experiences have worked for me in the sense that I feel mentally better and focused after completing them and believe these actions have contributed to my weight loss and elevated sense of wellbeing. Calorie burning varies from person to person. Here are some of my fav ways to burn calories.

Interval running on treadmill, walk at 3.7 for 1 minute then jog anywhere between 7.0 and 8.0 for a minute. Complete for 20-30 total minutes. I am very sweaty after this.

Completing my exercise such as bike riding, weight lifting or cardio in the morning BEFORE my first meal of the day. Usually with 2 coffees and a glass of water before hand.

Golfing with a push cart. I never realized an individual burns between 300-600 calories an hour with a push cart or carrying clubs. I try to golf in the morning with a protein shake or 2 eggs, low calorie intake before playing. Alternatively, late afternoon early evening BEFORE eating my final meal of the day is my second favourite time to play. I find not eating before playing keeps my focus dialled and performance better. Shot an 85 today and I am 18-20 handicap player. That was a nice feeling.

Power Walking for 30-60 minutes. With big strides with headphones on listening to music or my favourite podcast. After or before dinner are my two favourite times.

Weight lifting. This is tricky as in I have done research and am not clear how many calories are burned oppose to the other actions and movements which are more fluid and consistent EG you when you walk for 40 minutes with out stopping that is 40 consecutive minutes of motion and movement. I usually just give myself credit for 25-35 minutes of lifting after 45-60 minutes on the exercise tracker and hope the 200 calorie burn range is accurate!

What are some of your calorie burning cheat codes? I would love to hear what is working for you. Keep moving :)

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,526 Member
    Options
    Blakey1982 wrote: »
    I want to start this post by stating that these experiences have worked for me in the sense that I feel mentally better and focused after completing them and believe these actions have contributed to my weight loss and elevated sense of wellbeing. Calorie burning varies from person to person. Here are some of my fav ways to burn calories.

Interval running on treadmill, walk at 3.7 for 1 minute then jog anywhere between 7.0 and 8.0 for a minute. Complete for 20-30 total minutes. I am very sweaty after this.
    I do this except I run 9.5-10 for 30 seconds then repeat. 8 times total.
    Completing my exercise such as bike riding, weight lifting or cardio in the morning BEFORE my first meal of the day. Usually with 2 coffees and a glass of water before hand.
    I ALWAYS train in the morning fasted. Works for me.
    Weight lifting. This is tricky as in I have done research and am not clear how many calories are burned oppose to the other actions and movements which are more fluid and consistent EG you when you walk for 40 minutes with out stopping that is 40 consecutive minutes of motion and movement. I usually just give myself credit for 25-35 minutes of lifting after 45-60 minutes on the exercise tracker and hope the 200 calorie burn range is accurate!
    I don't really pay attention to my calorie burn lifting. I do it to enhance the muscle I have.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png