Heartburn and exercise

Options
Hi! Does anyone get heartburn during exercise and if so what do you do for it?

I have been recently been getting it whe I work out and it's been reuning my day. Sometimes I don't want to exercise because burns. Amy idead would be appreciated.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Have you tried taking an antacid before your workout?
  • Scetza
    Scetza Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I do if I exercise too close to when I eat. Working out first thing in the morning before I eat works best for me, might be worth experimenting with the time between meals and exercising to see if it works for you at all.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Eating before exercise, especially if the exercise involves any kind of folding, deep squats, crunching or inversions.

It was worse before I lost weight, and consequently lost the GERD, but still troubles me, particularly if I eat something greasy or heavy (or both....giant peanut butter cookies) right before a workout.

Having a water jug nearby and stopping to take a sip helps, as does sitting upright for a moment or two and lightly pressing where the burn is located. I don’t know why, but it’s calming and reassuring and helps to soothe it.

I keep a little bag of hard ginger candies in my bag and will pull one out to silently suck on, too.