Feasting: what/how much can you eat in one sitting? now vs then pics

Options
Me: 1 meatball sub

a9c9d8qe6l3n.png

Or
1 hawaiian pizza w/ bbq sauce or chicken & bacon stuffed crust pizza or margaretta pizza and chips, garlic bread, chicken wings and a 1.5 litre of pepsi max

bo0wkkwi0y62.jpg

Replies

• formein2015
    formein2015 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    For me, I have Binge Eating Disorder so eating then or now I could easily eat both of those...at the meal, if I turn my mindset off. Otherwise, the sandwich would be cut in fourths and turned into 4 different meals, accompanied with different healthy sides, and the pizza would be cut in to 10 pieces.
  • cyaneverfat
    cyaneverfat Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I'm just wondering if it's normal to be able to put away so much food? Like how much do healthy people who have never had a weight problem eat when they indulge? I feel like they would stop long before me.

My sister once said to me that a skinny person might only eat 4 cups of food a day, while I was putting away 16.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I can eat more than ever! I am a volume eater so always have liked huge volumes. Always been able to eat a footlong to myself as a small girl and still do. I eat 9 cups of pumpkin pudding every night and have for 10+ years. Your stomach does actually expand if you volume eat for years.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,639 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I used to regularly eat to the point of almost (and on a couple of occasions literally) not being able to walk right after.

These days I tend to overeat from time to time, and unfortunately still enjoy the I'm very full feeling; but I definitely do not enjoy and do not seek the "I am so full I couldn't even squeeze in the antacids I need to take" feeling. In fact I believe that there has only been one occasion of me looking for a glass of Coke to settle my stomach in recent memory, and I do not have any antacids in the house!

So let's call it looking for comfortably full but avoiding ending up beyond that. Versus a past ever-increasing spiral of trying to stuff in the maximum amount possible
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    I really used to enjoy the very full feeling.

These days I really don't.

How much I can eat has not changed.

How much I can eat and not be miserable after has.

Same sensation but now I just super hate it where as before I found it comforting.