56 Pound Weight-loss Transformation

In September of 2020 I decided to finally make another attempt at losing weight. In the past, I had gone to extremes exercising 4+ hours a day and eating very little. This would result in quick results but ultimately I would fall back into bad habits.

I’ve taken a much more conservative approach to my weight loss this time around. I regularly take 45 minute walks with my wife around the block, but other than that I do not exercise regularly. I’ve been mainly focusing on portion control (CICO) and this is what had given me the results I have to date.

Throughout the process, I have relied less on MFP to track my calories. I’ve stopped entering my calories for most dinners and instead make a mental note of how many calories I can have for dinner after eating lunch/snacks. I have a much better understanding of the calories I am in taking regularly after using the ap for so long.

On top of that, I’m currently eating 200 more calories daily than MFPs recommendation and have still managed to hit/exceed my one pound per week goal.

I’m very proud of myself and I intend to continue working until I hit 180lbs. I have not had a haircut or trimmed my beard since I started the journey.

Replies

• riffraff2112
    riffraff2112 Posts: 1,757 Member
    subtract one lb for the beard and extra hair :)
    Keep it up, that is great that you found what balance you need to work for you.
  • noturningback_215
    noturningback_215 Posts: 71 Member
    Great job...Keep up the hard work, it will pay off in the end!
  • lynneburgess714
    lynneburgess714 Posts: 84 Member
    Great job, I can see a big difference in you. Keep it up!
  • iradi8
    iradi8 Posts: 561 Member
    Thanks for sharing. You are doing so well. I can see a big difference. Slow and steady wins the race. Sounds like you have a healthy mindset and have made changes that you can sustain. Keep up the good work. You are very inspiring!
  • DupreeTheTRex
    DupreeTheTRex Posts: 105 Member
    Thank you everyone for the support! I’m moving soon and because of the pandemic I have had to make temporary living arrangements for when we show our home to sell. I’ll be eating meals prepared by others for a week and I’m hoping I can take what I’ve learned and apply it without relying on the tools I have at home.

Something my wife and I have been doing lately is making a game of guessing how many calories are in a meal. So far, I’ve been within 100 calories of my meals for two weeks straight now. I feel like I’m really starting to learn how to eat without needing a scale or an application to help me track.
  • Graybill89
    Graybill89 Posts: 1 Member
    Your progress is an inspiration. Keep us posted.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!