What's for Dinner?! YUM

Options
(Please reply with what you're making tonight and a source if it's a recipe you found online) - Thanks!
My boyfriend's birthday was on Friday and he has been nothing but supportive and involved in my efforts to lose weight and tone up! We didn't have cake and ice cream, or cookies - nothing that would take me off track or set me back on my diet. We had a healthy dinner Friday night before heading out to celebrate with friends and because he's worked all weekend, we agreed on tonight being the night for an actual birthday dinner.

ON THE MENU
(So there's a facebook page I've found called Let's get skinny - which has a ton of awesome, quick, and easy recipes with pictures to boot - I'll be making a tasty meal inspired by this page tonight)

*Chicken and asparagus roll ups

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
Salt and pepper
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (8 slices)
8 spears asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then crosswise

STEP 1
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, split each chicken breast in half horizontally, then pound between two pieces of plastic wrap until about 3/8 inch thick (you should have 8 flattened pieces). Season on both sides with salt and pepper.

STEP 2
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute chicken breasts and garlic until chicken is light brown on one side only, about 2 minutes; discard garlic.

STEP 3
Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, browned side down. Sprinkle chicken pieces with half the cheese; layer each with a tomato slice and 4 asparagus pieces. Roll up; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls; bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove toothpicks. Serve hot.

chickenasparagusrollups.jpg

* EGGPLANT PARM (I've never had eggplant before and I am EXCITED!!)

Baked Eggplant: Peel and slice eggplant into thumb-thick slices, salt on both sides and let sit 1 hr. Wash slices. Dip slices in egg and panko. Bake at 400F until soft on inside & crispy (browned) on outside (1approx hr). Sprinkle slices with fresh grated parmesan. Bake further until cheese melts!

eggplantparm.jpg

These yummy items along-side a spinach and kale salad with Olive Garden italian salad dressing. YUMMY!!

:)

Replies

• JustineMarie21
    JustineMarie21 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    That's so weird, my chicken looked like that tonight ! I love to cook and plus today is my birthday, so I thought I'd be fancy and make my famous chicken stuffed with a laughing cow cheese wedge, Parmesan cheese, roasted red pepper and onions, spinach. Next to that is a rosemary hasselback potato, then lots of broccoli. I highly recommend making everything because it was so dam tasty. If you make the potato be prepared to eat it everyday because that's how often your going to want to make it.
    This potato is for one but obviously can be double, tripled, etc.

Oven 400. Scrub one potato of your choice then make slits 3/4 of the way through from one end to another. Next coat it with olive oil, salt, pepper. Place on a baking sheet for 30minutes. When that's done coat it with a little more olive oil.(I used olive oil in a pump that way I don't add a lot of fat).Then place back into the oven for another 30. When done place teaspoon of light margerine, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, salt,pepper in a dish and microwave till melted. Fan out the potato slits and drizzle with sauce.
  • jilliangetsit
    jilliangetsit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's so weird, my chicken looked like that tonight ! I love to cook and plus today is my birthday, so I thought I'd be fancy and make my famous chicken stuffed with a laughing cow cheese wedge, Parmesan cheese, roasted red pepper and onions, spinach. Next to that is a rosemary hasselback potato, then lots of broccoli. I highly recommend making everything because it was so dam tasty. If you make the potato be prepared to eat it everyday because that's how often your going to want to make it.
    This potato is for one but obviously can be double, tripled, etc.

Oven 400. Scrub one potato of your choice then make slits 3/4 of the way through from one end to another. Next coat it with olive oil, salt, pepper. Place on a baking sheet for 30minutes. When that's done coat it with a little more olive oil.(I used olive oil in a pump that way I don't add a lot of fat).Then place back into the oven for another 30. When done place teaspoon of light margerine, 1/4 teaspoon rosemary, salt,pepper in a dish and microwave till melted. Fan out the potato slits and drizzle with sauce.

That sounds absolutely delicious!! I'm going to put that on my to-do list for sure! (Copying and saving to my comp lol) Thanks so much for sharing!!
  • gigieatss
    gigieatss Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Wow that looks phenomenal, really it does! :)

Tonight I'm having Unagi, Salmon Skin, Spaghetti Squash, Nori, Green Beans & Spinach :)
  • kewpiecyster
    kewpiecyster Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    My wonderful hubby grilled tenderloin steaks that we had left from the freezer (4 oz. steaks...so tender and good). With that we had peas (I need iron) and oven baked potato skins (recipe from budgetbytes.com) I love Budget Bytes - lots of good ideas.
  • LyndaTay
    LyndaTay Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    London Broil, boiled sweet and purple potatoes, a spinach salad with tomatoes, carrots and sliced almonds
  • tanashai
    tanashai Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Meatballs (allrecipes.com, Nirvana Meatballs) and I'm having peas with them while hubby has a meatball sub (he's been saving calories, lol).
  • socajam
    socajam Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    (Please reply with what you're making tonight and a source if it's a recipe you found online) - Thanks!
    My boyfriend's birthday was on Friday and he has been nothing but supportive and involved in my efforts to lose weight and tone up! We didn't have cake and ice cream, or cookies - nothing that would take me off track or set me back on my diet. We had a healthy dinner Friday night before heading out to celebrate with friends and because he's worked all weekend, we agreed on tonight being the night for an actual birthday dinner.

ON THE MENU
    (So there's a facebook page I've found called Let's get skinny - which has a ton of awesome, quick, and easy recipes with pictures to boot - I'll be making a tasty meal inspired by this page tonight)

*Chicken and asparagus roll ups

4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 to 8 ounces each)
    Salt and pepper
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 tablespoon chopped garlic
    1 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
    2 beefsteak tomatoes, cut into 1/8-inch-thick slices (8 slices)
    8 spears asparagus, trimmed, halved lengthwise, then crosswise

STEP 1
    Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Using a sharp knife, split each chicken breast in half horizontally, then pound between two pieces of plastic wrap until about 3/8 inch thick (you should have 8 flattened pieces). Season on both sides with salt and pepper.

STEP 2
    Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Working in batches, saute chicken breasts and garlic until chicken is light brown on one side only, about 2 minutes; discard garlic.

STEP 3
    Transfer chicken to a baking sheet, browned side down. Sprinkle chicken pieces with half the cheese; layer each with a tomato slice and 4 asparagus pieces. Roll up; secure with a toothpick. Sprinkle remaining cheese over rolls; bake until chicken is cooked through, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove toothpicks. Serve hot.

chickenasparagusrollups.jpg

* EGGPLANT PARM (I've never had eggplant before and I am EXCITED!!)

Baked Eggplant: Peel and slice eggplant into thumb-thick slices, salt on both sides and let sit 1 hr. Wash slices. Dip slices in egg and panko. Bake at 400F until soft on inside & crispy (browned) on outside (1approx hr). Sprinkle slices with fresh grated parmesan. Bake further until cheese melts!

eggplantparm.jpg

These yummy items along-side a spinach and kale salad with Olive Garden italian salad dressing. YUMMY!!

:)

Broiled wild salmon, home made black beans, mixed vegetables and salsa.
  • TitaniaEcks
    TitaniaEcks Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Tonight I'm having Dinner #1 (I only have two dinners I alternate between.)

-Two boneless skinless chicken tenderloins spiced with Montreal Chicken seasoning, pan-fried with Pam spray
    -Leafy green salad with 6 grape tomatoes and 2 tablespoons of some lite dressing or other. Probably one of the Walden Farms no-carb dressings. I love those. Probably will use the Creamy Bacon one.

Sometimes I chop up the chicken and toss it with the salad, sometimes I eat them separately. Depends on my mood.

Total calories: just under 200
    Protein: 32g
    Fat: 5g
    Carbs: 6g
  • MommaChocoLatte
    MommaChocoLatte Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    chicken breast, steamed asparagus, and probably steamed rice. Nothing fancy tonight.
  • spotina
    spotina Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Slow cooker Cuban Flank Steak w Black Beans over brown rice...i'll be adding a 100 cal pack of guac on top of mine :)

here's a link to the recipe...very easy and so far the sample I've been sneaking are delicious

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cuban-flank-steak/214eb086-243f-4021-8568-725e6a034834/?WT.dcsvid=NzEzNTE5NDI4OQS2&rvrin=6CE34A41-0A0A-45E1-B9EE-30F6D39C7E7B&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_PBdaily_03_22_2012&nicreatID2=Newsletter_PBdaily_03_22_2012

here's the info if you use white rice
    1 Serving
    Calories420 ( Calories from Fat50),

Total Fat6g (Saturated Fat2g, Trans Fat0g ), Cholesterol85mg Sodium640mg Total Carbohydrate53g (Dietary Fiber4g Sugars2g ), Protein40g ;
    % Daily Value*:
    Vitamin A25%; Vitamin C35%; Calcium6%; Iron35%;
  • jules777_us
    jules777_us Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Made Chia Chili for the first time and LOVE it. Basic chili recipe and then added a half cup of white chia seeds to it. Best chili ever so glad I made a bunch of this its going to be so easy to nuke and fill up on:)
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    breakfast for dinner tonight

eggs scrambled with cheese
    bacon
    cat head biscuits with cantaloupe jelly
  • jilliangetsit
    Options
    MMM it all sounds so good! ^^I LOVE BREAKFAST FOR DINNER ^^

So, it was a SUCCESS! We're stuffed and happy :) here are the pictures of my finished masterpiece meal!

image-5.jpg

image-6.jpg[img]I would definitely suggest the Chicken Asparagus roll up - it was amaaazingly tasty and kind of like a Mediterranean type of food. One serving is only 225 cal (based on the type and amount of cheese used) and although it might look small in the picture, it was actually a pretty good size roll. Definitely taking one to school with me tomorrow for lunch. I hope everybody has had a great weekend! Let's make this a good week too! :)[/img]
  • jilliangetsit
    Options
    Well...haha I guess I should probably figure out how to resize my pictures. 0.0 oops ! Still getting acquainted with MFP on the laptop and editing/posting pic links from photobucket!
  • jilliangetsit
    Options
    Try again. This should work, no?

4ad26aab-64eb-4dd1-847e-ee0db064e00b.jpg
  • shelbybaughman0321
    shelbybaughman0321 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    We are having apple bourbon pork tenderloin, my special fried potatoes and some steamed corn with a tiny bit of margarine.

When I make my potatoes, I peel them and cut them into cubes, and boil them until they are almost fork tender, then I drain them, and fry them up in a pan with a little olive oil, and plenty of seasonings. They turn out so yummy and crispy because I boil out most of the starch.
  • jilliangetsit
    Options
    Slow cooker Cuban Flank Steak w Black Beans over brown rice...i'll be adding a 100 cal pack of guac on top of mine :)

here's a link to the recipe...very easy and so far the sample I've been sneaking are delicious

http://www.pillsbury.com/recipes/cuban-flank-steak/214eb086-243f-4021-8568-725e6a034834/?WT.dcsvid=NzEzNTE5NDI4OQS2&rvrin=6CE34A41-0A0A-45E1-B9EE-30F6D39C7E7B&WT.mc_id=Newsletter_PBdaily_03_22_2012&nicreatID2=Newsletter_PBdaily_03_22_2012

here's the info if you use white rice
    1 Serving
    Calories420 ( Calories from Fat50),

Total Fat6g (Saturated Fat2g, Trans Fat0g ), Cholesterol85mg Sodium640mg Total Carbohydrate53g (Dietary Fiber4g Sugars2g ), Protein40g ;
    % Daily Value*:
    Vitamin A25%; Vitamin C35%; Calcium6%; Iron35%;

My god that sounds amaaaazing!! All of these ideas are making me want to cook like a maniac! Thanks for sharing :) saving this recipe and adding to my to-do list :D
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My wife made dinner tonight...

Channa Dal with Zucchini and Yellow Squash
    Black Pepper Chicken (chicken drumsticks in a white sauce)

Not exactly sure of the recipes, but it sure was yummy.
  • crazorbaq
    crazorbaq Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Pineapple Pork Chops

6-8 butterfly cut chops
    1 cans pineapple chunks (save juice)
    1 green bell pepper
    1 white onion chunked
    1/4 c ketchup
    1/4 c brown sugar
    1 TB vinegar

Brown chops, place in 9x13 sprayed pan. Mix ketchup, sugar, vinegar and pineapple juice together. Sautee onion and green pepper. Add mixture to pan and bring to boil. Pour over chops, cover with foil, bake 11/2 hrs on 350. Serve over rice.

(The rice really kills the calories on this one, but it is so stinking good!)