Bed sheets

Options

Replies

• trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    My regular bedsheets, I change once a week.

My twister bedsheets, I change after every use.
  • SMarie10
    SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I usually change mine about every other week. Another question - How often do you replace your pillows, or do you get them cleaned as well?
  • 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Depends if partner is a squirter

Yep, makes changing VERY often.

Erm.... I have a "friend" who says using Chux pads is a good alternative.
  • Danger2OneSelf
    Danger2OneSelf Posts: 883 Member
    Options
    depends is your partner on the rag? is there blood on the sheets? If so then wait until same thing happens next month then do some time after her cycles up so 2 months

really tho: Most of the time I hardly even have sheets on the bed....
  • ice1200s
    ice1200s Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    once a week. If not ill dream of my mom yelling at me calling me a pig and such.

This -
    From the time I was very young, I had to change my own sheets every Saturday morning before I could go out to play. My bed had to pass inspection, or I had to do it all over again. I still change them every Saturday before I go any where or do anything, probably more out of habit than anything. One should always do a post-coitus sheet change. I also take a shower before bed. It somehow makes me feel better getting into bed. I also take a shower in the morning. It, and a cup of coffee, helps me get fully awake.
  • trojanbb
    trojanbb Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    twice a week or more. downside of lifting weights and being a high testosterone male
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Found out my boyfriend hadn't changed his for a month and refused to sleep under the covers. He thought I was joking at first.
  • walleyclan1
    walleyclan1 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    My household is different. I would only change the sheets when the seasons change and I need/want cooler or warmer sheets. My husband washed our probably every 2 weeks. My mom told my college dorm mate to make me wash my sheets every time she did hers because she knew I would never do it.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    once a week or more if sweaty action happens. Fresh sheets clean room was a stable when out on the prowl just in case I brought home some bacon.

Prowling/sweaty/bacon = fresh clean sheets :noway:

Lol @ me typing stable instead of staple.

Sheets get changed once a week no matter what.

If sweaty action (any bed activities) happens then the sheets get changed, meaning can happen more than once a week, so can be changed daily if that lucky.

I also make sure to change the sheets before I leave the house if I'm going out prowling (looking for a woman, also referred to as delicious bacon).

Hopefully, this shed some light on my usage of the metaphors.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    maybe every 3 weeks, I shower before bed and don't sweat much and hey I am saving water.
  • TheGoktor
    TheGoktor Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Every couple of days.... I live in a tropical country, and even at night it's very warm. The mattress and pillow protectors get washed once a week, as does the comforter.

If I had the time and inclination, I'd change the bed every day; having a bath at night, then getting into bed which is freshly-made, with newly laundered bedding is bliss! :heart: :love: :heart:
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    Not me I am on the autism spectrum and can't stand dirty sheets as in it makes me so over stimulated I go nuts inside. I have postponed bed time by an hour doing a quick wash because the bed sheets. My wife thought I was exaggerating one night when I said there was a single grain of sand on my side of the bed. I turned on the light and in sec identified it removed it and handed it to her. In that case I didn't have to wash them right away but we have kids they track so much grit onto our bed sometimes I always having to change the sheets. It annoys her a little but the plus size is our sheets are usually always dry fresh clean. The downsize is when we owned cheap sheets in our poorer days they don't last long. We have to buy expensive sheets or they don't last the constant washing
  • Macgeek74
    Macgeek74 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I read this today, too. GROOOOOOOOOSSSSSSS! I will never sleep with another man again.

PSA: All the single men, please change your sheets often.

I so would change them for you ;) You are one hot 83 year old.
  • Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I only change them when I see skid marks.
    Gross
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Once a week, nothing beats getting into a newly changed, freshly smelling bed :smile:

Same. :)
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    Your supposed to change them?
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    my boyfriend would never clean the bedsheets, wash his clothes, do dishes or ANY housekeeping if no one made him.
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    I am apparently pretty lucky. My boyfriend loves having clean sheets and changed his at least once a week when I met him. He also shakes the sheet off before laying down every night.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I change ours every two weeks. But when I was injured and couldn't, the SO didn't change them at all. It was a full month before I could do it myself and they were stinky by then. Ew.