Switching to Maintenance today.

Options
I'm within 4 pounds of the original goal weight I set back in December when I started MFP. 3 days ago I started into a new weight routine that combines resistance and aerobic activity in between sets. My BF% now is around 14.5%. I'd like to get that down another 2-4%. That's where the weight training comes in. I've switch my plan to maintenance. I've slowing adding some calories back the last few days. Any other thoughts or suggestions? I will be trying to workout 6 days a week.

Replies

• toutmonpossible
    toutmonpossible Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • Seesawboomerang
    Seesawboomerang Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Well done!

Keep up the exercise, keep an eye on measurements and the weight range you're happy with, keep eating well.

Maintenance can be a challenge but watch these things and it will all be good.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Personally I found that exercise became much easier when I increased my calories to a maintenance level at the beginning of the year. Like you I also take one rest day each week. Enjoy your increased energy levels!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't really have tips. I pretty much had no trouble tearing up more calories when I switched to maintenance! I've been a slacker with logging my food lately and I know I shouldn't fully trust myself yet, so keep logging for a while!
  • mtfr810
    mtfr810 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Personally I found that exercise became much easier when I increased my calories to a maintenance level at the beginning of the year. Like you I also take one rest day each week. Enjoy your increased energy levels!

I'm hoping that's my case too! I'm not too worried about weight since my goal is the add muscle and reduce BF% but that means I've got to be pretty disciplined.
  • GravyBrah
    GravyBrah Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You should start reverse dieting to repair your metabolism. I'd suggest adding 75-100cal to your daily intake every week until you get to a comfortable place where you can maintain your weight. The point of a healthy metabolism is to be able to eat as many calories as possible while maintaining a desired physique.
  • moss11
    moss11 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Well done on your success. Your clearly planning ahead, I wish you all the best in this new stage!
  • FFfitgirl
    FFfitgirl Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I loved when my turnouts got loose on me too:)
    That would be nice if exercise gets easier...anyways

Congrats on making your goal you should be very proud of yourself
  • nick9470
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    that's great way to go!