Food struggle...

Options
Ever have a day that you seem to have an ALL day struggle with food cravings? I'm having one today and it's torture. Any suggestions on how to distract the mind from the refrigerator?

Replies

• twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    Well, let me compliment you on your fantastic bone structure, you look fab.

Just try to work on where you are already?

Maybe work the threads on MFP and give advice as to how you got into such good shape.

Just step away from the food cravings :smile:
  • Sarahs2576
    Sarahs2576 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    @Twinketta - I appreciate your compliments, thank you. It's always nice to hear encouraging things when you are having an off day. I wish I could agree with your statement about being in good shape but don't let the collar bones fool you, I have some work to do to get myself in an overall healthier state. Its just one of those days where I want to tear into a bag of potato chips and dive in head first!
  • mkphotogirl
    mkphotogirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    sorry to hear it's a rough day.

is there a day when you don't want to tear into a bag of potato chips and dive right in? that's every day for me. somedays i'm just more strong-willed and satiated enough from healthy foods i might only take a few chips instead of devouring the entire bag.

i find on days like you're having, it's a mental state of obsessing over what i can't have instead of focusing on what i can have. that's when i go and have a yogurt snack or some avocado or kale chips -- anything else savory and filling.
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Why not read the nutrition info on the bag,log the calories,then count out a serving.Very slowly,enjoy the taste of your chips.I've not had many craves,but seeing the good stuff gives me a case of poor me. LOL