Losing Muscle Mass , Gaining BFP.

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    So am I crazy for seeing actual differences in body in terms on how I feel big look big , mom constantly asking me to stop whatever I’m doing because I look bigger than ever? Am I going crazy? This is really pissing me off when people refuse to believe what I say. 😢

Not going crazy. As to not believing what you say...that is also not the case...it's the diagnosis that is the problem. It would be biologically impossible to put on roughly 4 Lbs of muscle mass in 2 weeks...it's just not something that is humanly possible from a biological standpoint. Like fat, muscle requires energy to build...a surplus of calories...building muscle, like building fat requires you to be in an anabolic state...if you are dieting you are in a catabolic state.

Even with a "dirty bulk" of 1000 calories per day over maintenance and a spot on hypertrophy program, nobody is building 4 Lbs of muscle in two weeks. A young, untrained male running a good hypertrophy program will put on maybe 20 Lbs of muscle over a whole year and along with that will come a decent amount of fat.

What you are seeing visibly is most likely what is referred to as "pump"...this is your muscles filling with fluid to aid in repair. It is essentially inflammation of the muscles. The fibers themselves haven't grown...the muscle is just filled with fluid.

So if the muscles are retaining water then how can I avoid pump / water retention because it’s truly messing with my training sessions. Since I constantly feel like I’m gaining muscles very quickly

Trust us, you are not "gaining muscles very quickly" :)

Anyone have some good videos/pictures of the same person with and without a pump going on to show Uma?

I'm tempted to watch a whole bunch of Buff Dudes videos to try to find some examples but I don't want to go down that rabbit hole, lol.