Stuck at current weight

Haven’t changed my diet I’m still averaging about 3500-4K calories a day. I gained 9lbs in 5 days and now all sudden I’m at a stop on the scale. Any suggestions?

Replies

• zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    edited April 2021
    it's very unlikely - almost impossible - that you could gain 9 pounds of fat - or muscle - in 5 days. you'd need to eat and digest an extra 31,500 calories over your regular diet in those 9 days - about an extra 6300 extra calories per day above and beyond your normal diet.

you can, however, gain water weight for a variety of reasons, and if you eat lots of lettuce or low calorie calorie foods with lots of bulk, you will have that in your body till it's eliminated.
  • XxxBigBroXxx
    XxxBigBroXxx Posts: 23 Member
    Could it possibly be because I started working out again?
  • wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    What I’m getting at is, depending on how much more food you’ve eaten over the last five days compared to previously, your intestinal tract is probably significantly fuller and the likely source of the extra weight.

Make sure to officially weigh yourself generally at the same time and under the same conditions, preferably weekly, and only make changes when things aren’t tracking after a couple weeks.
  • GaryRuns
    GaryRuns Posts: 508 Member
    That's too short a time period to say anything about what's actually going on. Your diet has just changed so your body is probably doing all kinds of things to get accustomed to that, including retaining water and digestive changes, as @wiigelec mentioned.

The best way to track weight is with some type of a trending app. On Android there's Libra. Apps like that smooth our day to day weight fluctuations so you don't get hung up on day-to-day weight variation.
  • PepeLPew
    PepeLPew Posts: 92 Member
    Is the scale busted? No joke, the battery in my old one was semi-dead and the digital readouts were fluctuating.