Does anyone else watch figure skating?

Options
ladyoftherocks
ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
Had to ask because I so rarely find fellow fans outside of specific fan communities! If you watch friend me!!!

Who are your favorite skaters? (Current or past)

Current:
- Yuzuru Hanyu
- Shoma Uno
- Jason Brown
- Evgenia Medvedeva
- Kaori Sakamoto
- Liza Tuktamysheva

Past:
- Daisuke Takahashi
- Johnny Weir
- Stephane Lambiel
- Yuna Kim
- Michelle Kwan

I'd love to discuss more stuff so I hope some of you are out there!

Replies

• Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,214 Member
    Options
    Um...I have skated my entire life.... I might also skate where Jason and Yuzu skate. I decided I wanted to try one of Jason's spins once so he showed me how and then showed off all his spins. He is the absolute nicest person ever!!!!
  • ladyoftherocks
    ladyoftherocks Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    @Alinouveau2 oh my God I am the most jealous ever!!! Everyone says he is super nice! I wish I could skate! I went skating in NYC 2 years ago and loved it even though I was awful. The closest rink to me is 2 hours away. I am going to do a one off lesson for fun. I wish I could take regular classes but that distance would be too much for me regularly:( how'd you get into it? Did people in your family also skate?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Favorite Ice Skaterer ?

That's easy....

Tee-Rex

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e478u0uaek5gfjuwi2q5cur15krwj8mzlz5idd0j6i7&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g
  • Alinouveau2
    Alinouveau2 Posts: 6,214 Member
    Options
    @Alinouveau2 oh my God I am the most jealous ever!!! Everyone says he is super nice! I wish I could skate! I went skating in NYC 2 years ago and loved it even though I was awful. The closest rink to me is 2 hours away. I am going to do a one off lesson for fun. I wish I could take regular classes but that distance would be too much for me regularly:( how'd you get into it? Did people in your family also skate?

You're never too old to learn. I skate with ladies in their 80s!!! Heck I used to ice dance with a man who at 83 felt his balance was no longer good enough to skate

I started when I was 5. I come from a small town where it's went into hockey, girls skating. My parents didn't like the hockey League so put my brother in skating too and we eventually became an ice dance team and competed. Then I taught and then started competing as an adult and joined a synchro team. It's never ending haha

We're lucky where we live to have a million rinks and the one where Jason trains is a 3 minute drive from my house. It has an awesome adult program and awesome skaters to watch and you never know who might drop in to skate