New to this...the start to my finish!!

Options
Hi, i did join 2 years ago, but struggled to grasp the concept of macros, always been inspired by the stories and photos of transformations, I've decided now is my time to do it.
I lost 7 stone a good few years back, but unfortunately its all come back on..but I know I am able and can do this.
Please feel free to add me to support each other along the way, ive got a very long road ahead, so lots of positive thoughts and belief and I will do this xx

Replies

• springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    Hi Kelsey, welcome back!

Have you considered checking out the “maintaining weight” area of the boards?

I know that sounds counterintuitive, but I did that from the beginning, figuring I ought to have tips so I would be prepared when I finally got there. I was determined to do this and knew there is no way I want to repeat it.

I picked up some very useful advice early on.
  • kelsey1976
    kelsey1976 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hiya, aww and thank you.
    Oh i've got a long way until I need maintaining, but yes it will be usual to read up on techniques early on.
    I've had my first real day today on it, first day of counting cals and macros...yikes!!..but think I'm doing ok at moment.
    How you finding it?
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,594 Member
    Options
    I’ve found it great, lol. I’m down almost 90 pounds (was down 93 but that was too low) and I easily feel twenty or so years younger.

I wish that for everyone here!

I never did sweat the macros too much. I used to worry constantly about them and then one day I looked at my stats by the weeks and realized that my weekly macro averages were pretty darn good. At that point I stopped worrying over macros.
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    edited April 2021
    Options
    I'm loving you, Kelsey! I feel like you and I are in the same boat rowing to a better found self! I, myself was doing good a couple years back then a knee surgery happened along with quarantine, I swelled up plus added more to make me at my biggest ever! We can do this and we will! I have been following a keto/low carb diet the past 2 weeks and lost 15 pounds. I have used carb manager app to get an idea of the macros I need daily and I put them in to this app to track. I will add you! Good luck on your journey! ❤
  • CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I just want to keep this forum recent. 😊