Ready to bulk! Help please :)

I'm about to embark on my first bulk and I'm not really sure where to start. I am an endurance athlete (both cycling and running) and I have recently added weight training. I am starting a progressive overload training program (5 day split with primarily compound lifts) but don't want to stop cardio training. Any advice for folks looking to bulk but not wanting to cut cardio? Right now I do about 45 - 60 minutes 6 days a week and a mix of steady state and interval training. I'm 33, 5'7 and 130 lbs.

9k38fb8grvmk.jpeg
iun4ee6ry485.jpeg
464opsd4wkg6.jpeg
62pubtmlm0rf.jpeg

Replies

• KDroll14
    KDroll14 Posts: 1 Member
    I’m going through a bulk phase now. It’s really more about your total caloric content than your cardio burn. But, if you are going to be lifting I’d cut the cardio down significantly on your lifting days and do HIIT on your non lifting. The days I don’t lift I tend to do 30 minutes of HIIT and 20 to 30 minutes of easy conditioning (walking, easy cycling, etc.). On my lifting days I only do easy conditioning after lifting, and stick to around 20-30 minutes. Use the easy conditioning time to relax a little, enjoy some outdoor time at an easier pace and to recover.
    The weight training will probably tire you out on top of your already vigorous schedule. But, everyone is a little different so don’t be afraid to try a bunch of things and see what sticks. The one main rule is don’t do a lot of cardio before lifting, you’ll be too tired to give it your all.

Good luck.