What are some healthy college foods?

Options
I live in a dorm and I have a microwave and a fridge. I need more healthy food suggestions besides peanut butter, veggies with hummus, deli meat, etc.
Thanks!:drinker: :smile:

Replies

• FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Rice, frozen veggies, fruit, oatmeal, beans, bouillon. You can make rice in the microwave or get a cheap rice cooker. You can cook lentils in a rice cooker and dry lentils are cheap.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    If you live in a dorm, I'm assuming you also have a meal plan. Unless you are at a tiny school you should have all sorts of healthy options (veggies, lean proteins, salad bars, etc) in the various dining centers...
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Ramen.
  • KuroNyankoSensei
    KuroNyankoSensei Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I'm in college too ;3.

Make some tuna salad using nonfat plain yogurt, (I buy the regular stuff and not Greek because college budget and all.) I add mustard, sriracha, sweet relish, hard boiled eggs, and frozen peas (defrosted) in there. I also found a 2 lb bag of flax meal on sale for 2 bucks, so I add flax meal in there too. I eat it with low calorie bread and it keeps me full for hours!

You can also use avocado instead of the yogurt, moar healthy fats ;D.

I also do overnight oats, there are recipes everywhere on the net these days with them. I use the same tub of nonfat plain yogurt for my oats.

Buy a bag of potatoes and nuke your potato until done and make a faux-baked potato XD.

For some dessert, have you tried the 3-2-1 cake ;D? You can find this online too.