Does thinking about food make you hungry?

Options
I have noticed that following the same diet every day has helped me develop habits and eat less. Which of course has helped me loose weight. But yeasturday I had a very stressful funeral for my Aunt, and I noticed that I was thinking more and more about food so much so. That I think I stimulated my stomach into being hungry. And I was so hungry that I gave in. When other days I don't think about food and I don't get hungry.

Replies

• WeatherJane
    WeatherJane Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for the loss of your Aunt. Do you think you might have been thinking about food to distract yourself from the stress/sadness of the day?
    My Dad passed away on the 16th of this month, and for me right now nothing seems to taste or sound good.
    Again I'm sorry.
  • amyrluk
    amyrluk Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Weather Jane your probably right. I wasn't that close to her, we both have similar mental illness. I was feeling guilty about not knowing her better. But I really want a baby and I need to watch my weight that has been motivating me. But I am coming off the mindset of a cheat day. So I am trying to discipline my mind after my cheat day. To get back to wear I was.
  • vanmep
    vanmep Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I find that if I restrict myself too much and never eat the things I enjoy, then I am more likely to go wild especially during I time of stress. I try to be moderate every day and make sure I include a few treats every day