Returning & intermittent fasting

Options
Hi I am returning and am motivated to get rid of my 40 pounds for health reasons. I was diagnosed with 2 ulcers and a mass in my small bowel so started intermittent fasting 12-8 hours last Friday. I am only eating low carb. Meats and vegetables so anyone doing intermittent fasting let me know please. I can use the support
SW 190
GW 150

Heal ulcers with low carb.

Replies

• TapiaCruz
    TapiaCruz Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat! I was diagnosed with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, PCOS, and of course high insulin resistance last October at 25 years old. I started doing intermediate fasting and low carb and it has been a game changer!

I started at 197 and i am currently at 165. My goal is to at least get down to 140s so I can join the Army.

Jason Fung and Dr. Berg's videos on YT have helped me so much when learning about low carb and intermediate fasting. I highly recommend watching their videos.

I also use the Zero app to keep track of fasts and for a timer. I'd highly suggest planning your meals before breaking fasts, and if you have a sweet tooth like me, there are tons of keto ice creams and recipes, but i found that my sweet tooth has drastically decreased since fasting and eating low carb. It's not easy, especially starting out, but with time it will get easier. Don't beat yourself up if you cheat, I did many times and just had to remind myself I to get back to fasting and it will be alright. If you have any cravings, i promise you can find a recipe for a low carb version!

Hope this helps! Feel free to add me. Best of luck!