Going out to eat tonight

I don't eat out much anymore, even when I do and order something that shows to be "healthy" I dont gain but I still on my weightloss for a couple of days. We are going out for my daughters 13th birthday. Like everytime I do, I have my meal planned that I will order, this time i will ask for my carryout box right away and put half of it in the takeout container so i dont go over board....however, we are going to Texas Roadhouse, I love their bread they put on your table with that yummy cinnamon butter..I am not sure how I can keep myself away from that unlimited bread they give you

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,463 Member
    That’s a hard one. Sometimes we just have to tough things out. Not the best but occasionally it’s the only way. Do they have a plan friendly alternative? An appetizer?

I’m not a regular at Texas Roadhouse but I was traveling and it was next door to the hotel. I recall fighting that bread basket. I think I had them take it away.
  • BZAH10
    BZAH10 Posts: 5,710 Member
    Have one roll when it's warm with the good butter and enjoy it. Then send the bread basket to the other end of the table out of reach. Enjoy your dinner and the occasion. Happy birthday to your daughter!

Everyone has different techniques for this type of thing but for me personally, the first piece of bread is good but a second one doesn't taste any better. Just more of the same. At that point I'm ready to focus on my other food.
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    u148liiy54py.jpg

your post reminded me of this meme.

how did it go?