5 week progress update

Options
Hey everyone! So after a long 6-7 month diet break I’ve officially been in a deficit for 5 weeks, aiming to lose 0.5lb a week. So far I’ve lost 6 lbs (probably water weight mostly). I’ve been eating an average of 2132 calories per day in the past 5 weeks and I haven’t felt tired! My jeans closed easily today which was amazing! However my measurements didn’t make sense- apparently I’ve lost 2 inches off my waist, low belly and hips combined but I’ve gained 2 inches combined from my butt, thighs and calf areas! (Actually it was +1 inch on my butt, and then +0.5 inch on each thigh and calf). Even though my jeans fit better? Should I ignore this or drop calories?

Replies

• penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    I find it very difficult to measure anywhere with a fair degree of "squish," heh. Making sure I'm firmly against my skin but not squeezing, or pulling in with my muscles (apparently I even do this subconsciously). I think I'm getting better at staying in the same spot but yeah, sometimes I have weird increases that don't make a lot of sense. I don't measure super frequently, about once a month.

I also started measuring some parts I didn't before, like my forearm, wrist, and ankle. For my forearm I just measure where it's largest. I was actually happy because I noticed losses from my limbs first, while my waist and hips haven't budged much at all yet. Knowing that the fat is going, even if it's not from where I'd like it to go the most, has helped me mentally for sure.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I agree that this sounds like it could be measurement error. I am terrible at measuring my legs in the same place every time, and it makes a huge difference! I would just keep up what you’re doing especially if you’re losing at a rate that you’re comfortable with. You can always reevaluate later. Great job!!