Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Success Stories
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Why is it so hard to loose baby weight..?

Pkn1357Pkn1357 Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member Member, Premium Posts: 3 Member
It’s been 14 months since I had a baby girl and from October am on/off doing workouts and diet .. no matter how hard I workout and be on diets am not loosing the last 20lbs. Yes I had diabetes during pregnancy and still have thyroid what else do I have to consider other than loosing 500 calories min a day and eating 1200 calories of food watching what I eat.
Am 140 pounds since October and I want to loose 20 more pounds at-least start of loosing 5 pounds.. any suggestion really appreciate..

Replies

• Lhenderson923Lhenderson923 Member Posts: 45 Member Member Posts: 45 Member
    I just had a baby 3 months ago, so I understand! You didn’t mention if you’re breastfeeding as that will definitely play a role in what anyone should advise you. You say that you’ve been on/off diets trying to lose the weight. So my first, and biggest suggestion is to not think of this as a diet. In order to lose weight you need long term changes in your choices and habits, not short term like a “diet” implies. Set a reasonable goal- if eating in a 500 calorie deficit is too much, then plan to lose 0.5lbs a week instead. Yes it’s slower, but slow is sustainable.
  • IwannabeapunkrockmomIwannabeapunkrockmom Member Posts: 32 Member Member Posts: 32 Member
    I have had 5 children and no matter what, I can't lose much weight while breastfeeding. I tend to lose around 2 years postpartum. My youngest just had his second birthday and I just passed my pre pregnancy weight. The amount of time is different for everyone, just be patient and keep making healthy choices.