Myfitnesspal

Message Boards General Health, Fitness and Diet
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Ask me anything - nutrition coach

1457910

Replies

  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    Hello, I am looking to get some advise. For over 6 weeks, I've been away from sugar and carbs. I went from about 124 to about 113. I wasn't using MyFitnesspal to track anything. I have been doing 30min. of the elliptical 4 days a week and walk about an hour 2-3days a week.

    I've noticed that for the past 2 weeks or so, I haven't lost any weight. I just got to tracking meals for 4 days. I hate weights and my Rheumatologist suggests I don't do it. She says that I can walk and do yoga. But, the cardio is something I like, keeps me focused and helps with depression. Is there any reason why I'm stagnant? I still continue to eat protein and veges and olive oil and nuts (almonds and pumpkin seeds).

    Is there any reason why I'm stagnant?
    I was hoping to lose a pound a week for 5 months so I can lose 20lbs. Is this a realistic goal with how I'm eating and exercising? I am 50 and female.

    I wish I can help you, but if I’m not managing your nutrition plan; it’s extremely hard to know what’s going on. I need a lot of info to be able to do so.

    There’s a chart someone posted here; pretty helpful the previous page; Check it out.
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    I understand that you're not a nutrition coach. But, appreciate any advice. The ellliptical is not new to me. I was hoping to change the quality and quantity of sleep, but no change. I'm frustrated with the scale. It's not a great source of motivation. I have taken measurements and they have decreased. But, I was really hoping that I would see a decrease on the scale.

    you literally gave me no info.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 8,622 Member Member Posts: 8,622 Member
    Wait, I can ask anything?
    edited May 5
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    Wait, I can ask anything?

    regarding fitness, yes.
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 8,622 Member Member Posts: 8,622 Member
    Wait, I can ask anything?

    regarding fitness, yes.

    But not nutrition? I have my fitness down, I think, down pat.
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    Wait, I can ask anything?

    regarding fitness, yes.

    But not nutrition? I have my fitness down, I think, down pat.

    fitness includes nutrition, workout, healthy lifestyle .. ect
  • L1zardQueenL1zardQueen Member Posts: 8,622 Member Member Posts: 8,622 Member
    I have trouble meeting my protein. I'm not a fan of eggs and have not found a protein supplement I like. Any ideas?
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    musicfan68 wrote: »
    Wait, I can ask anything?

    regarding fitness, yes.

    Oh, i thought you were a "nutrition coach" (whatever that is) based on the title of this thread.

    Maybe people would take you more seriously if you didn't act so arrogant. You have a really off-putting attitude which makes people inclined not to believe what you say. (That, and the fact that a lot of the "advice" you are giving isn't good advice. )

    Oh, and if you had real, solid credentials like Ninerbuff or Oldguy, we might be more inclined to believe you. Just because you were a bodybuilder doesn't mean you are qualified to give advice. There's a lot of "broscience" that bodybuilders like to spout, that isn't really accurate.

    I really don’t care what you think, if you’re not contributing to my thread. stay out of it
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I’m here to help ppl; you can disagree with the advice I give; if they want to take it, fine; if not that’s fine too. it’s free and free speech. Don’t come into my thread to argue with me cause I don’t care what you have to say. you can disagree all you want.. I’m not here for a debate; I know my stuff and I got many ppl into shape..

    Have you?
    I have. 35+ years in the business with over 700 clients. I'll just say that if you have advice and it gets scrutinized, give the reason why you give it. In fact, I've also learned things here from others being on here for over 10 years. I'm good at what I do, but I'm also willing to learn from others if what they are touting has legit scientific back up to it. I don't know it all. There are likely some who are much better in knowledge in certain areas of fitness and health than myself. Remember if you ain't learning, you ain't growing.

    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png


    The is the thing, I don’t have to; unless the OP asked why. I don’t get paid for this so if anyone else agreed with it then oh well; it’s open forum; I’m not here to debate
    So are you here to just give YOUR advice or actual teach? Because there's actually a difference. I mean when someone tells you they heard that drinking apple cider vinegar accelerates weight loss, are you just going to accept it or ask why? Looking at an answer from the receivers point of view can do wonders for your own progress in fitness and health when you take into consideration their concerns. You're on an open forum so the OP's aren't the only ones reading the advice. You'll have lurkers too who don't engage in conversation, so to clarify actually puts you in better standing. By not answering a question, advice becomes suspicious to some.


    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png

    I teach the people who ask questions.


    But you have no actual qualifications to do so - or if you do you didnt answer to say what they are

    We can all teach people who ask questions if our area of knowledge covers their question or our experience is relevant - I have answered questions about immunisations for example because that is my area of knowledge and working experience.

    I am not a fan of posters starting a thread with I am an expert on everything and then refusing to engage in discussion about their recomendations and making sarcastic and derogatory remarks about others - 'they are just in a bubble because they dont agree with me'

    I dont agree with some of your recomendations or conclusions (poster's issue after 1 week of not losing was not adding muscle which disguised weight loss :* ) - and those I know nothing about - eg gym excercises - I have not commented on.

    I also disagree with your approach - one of the first things when giving relevant advice is finding out enough to base that advice on and individualising the advice - and that applies to any area, not just fitness/nutrition

    Kitchen cabinetry, financial advice, family therapy, aged care assistance, garden design, wedding planning etc etc

    I don’t really care what you agree with. this is not a debate table; this is a thread I made to answer questions based on what I learned from 15 years; 6 bodybuilding shows I coached myself through, 30+ clients.. can I get certifications? I sure can, but 99% of these certifications any kid can take and claim they know something.. like the “old guy” who keeps wanting my attention


    I thought you weren't replying to me again?

    I was referring to actual qualifications like registered dieticians not any certification any kid can take and call themselves a nutrition coach.

    I'm not sure what you mean by a debate table - but it is a discussion thread, anyone can give their view.

    You seem to think everyone should view you as some sort of qualified expert - when that seems to be far from the case.

    I honestly don’t know who is who.. so I reply when I feel like it; I only read the first sentence; I didn’t read none of what you typed.. it’s irrelevant to me
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    I have trouble meeting my protein. I'm not a fan of eggs and have not found a protein supplement I like. Any ideas?

    no ideas; there’s something i tell my clients. Suck it up, it’s not going to be easy. There’s so many protein options. Chicken, turkey, steak, turkey bacon, milk.. ect.
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    I understand that you're not a nutrition coach. But, appreciate any advice. The ellliptical is not new to me. I was hoping to change the quality and quantity of sleep, but no change. I'm frustrated with the scale. It's not a great source of motivation. I have taken measurements and they have decreased. But, I was really hoping that I would see a decrease on the scale.

    Now that you're tracking, you'll get a better idea of your intake, and that will provide more material for insight. Eat all the way up to your goal calories (including a reasonable chunk of exercise calories) and see how things go in the next week or two, maybe start your own thread here for follow-up questions.

    If your measurements are smaller, but the scale is stalled, the water retention hypothesis may have more likelihood. If it is stress-related water retention, it will leave eventually, perhaps suddenly. But if that is what the cause is, it can also be a sign that you've been putting your body under too much cumulative stress (health condition(s), big calorie reduction, exercise load, maybe other factors in your life besides). (I asked about your sleep because sleep changes - like disruptions or insomnia - can be another sign of too much cumulative stress.)

    You've been losing 2 pounds a week so far, and want to lose 1 pound a week. Half a pound a week might be a better idea, honestly, depending on your health condition, but for sure 2 pounds is aggressive for someone as petite as you are.

    Have you asked your doctor to refer you to a registered dietitian? With a health condition in the picture, that might be a useful thing.

    This is not my advice thread. I'm not a nutritional coach. I don't feel very comfortable giving advice on this thread because of those two things. But I do wish you well, and wish you success in reaching your goals in a healthful way.

    how you giving someone advice knowing nothing about her nutrition or exercise ?

    please don’t copy and paste the same replies you posted in other threads here
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    I’m wondering why people are so concerned with all this. The guy is giving advice, for free, on an Internet forum. He’s not the nutritionist of the Mayo Clinic, nor did he say he was. Take his advice or don’t. Drink 3/4 a gallon of water if a gallon is too much. Drink none, nobody cares. I haven’t seen him giving advice that would have anyone hurting themselves in regard to lifting weight either. Lift to failure or leave a couple in the tank. Or don’t, once again, nobody cares.
    People give advice on apple cider vinegar, cleanses, starvation mode, etc. On an open forum, there will be people who don't engage and MAY take that advice as gospel because they are unknowledgeable on the subject. Having other viewpoints gives that same lurker more information. At least that way they can make a more informed decision. Right?

    A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

    9285851.png


    They don’t need more information then the one I give them; that’s why I made this thread they everyone is hijacking. trust me. If I don’t know about a topic; I’ll gladly say so. I don’t know everything and I hate bro science so I’ll never spew *kitten* at no one
  • sandboxfitnesssandboxfitness Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    I'm not American so I don't understand gallon,ounces,miles etc. so could you tell me how much is 1 gallon in glasses. I'm not dumb just not very educated as I happen to be mentally ill.


    128 ounces I believe
This discussion has been closed.