1) I'm logging everything but I'm sure that I'm getting the portion sizes wrong at times. When I'm unsure I try to go over rather than under. Thinking about investing in a food scale.
2) I began wearing my Fitbit again and realized how horribly sedentary I'd become...many days as little as 2000 steps in an entire day. My secretary job doesn't help matters. I've set a 6000 step goal and most days I reach that now. When I reach it consistently I plan to increase it to 8000.
3) Taste buds begin to change. I normally drank my morning tea with at least 2 tablespoons of sugar. I've decreased that amount to 1 teaspooon. It was disgusting at first, now I'm totally used to it and when my husband accidentally poured too much sugar from habit, I had to pour it out and start over because it was too sweet.
4) I always thought that I don't like salad...not true, it's iceberg lettuce and creamy dressings that I despise. Give me some spinach or spring mix or romaine along with a bit of any sort of vinaigrette or even just a big squeeze of lemon and I'm happy with a salad.
5) I still incredibly miss cake and cookies...desserts of all forms. When will this part get easier???
My routine is to be sitting my chair to relax by 8:00pm'ish. This is where I chat with my husband, watch tv, read, polish my nails, color, etc. I then head up to bed at about 9:30 to 10:00'ish. This 1.5 to 2 hour timeframe is the DANGER zone for me. It's when all consumption of potato chips, cookies, cake, rice crispy treats, brownies, and cheesecake takes place. Going cold turkey is nearly impossible. I've taken to using the smallest mug in our cabinets and having a small cup of hot chocolate and sometimes maybe a couple graham crackers. Ugh, I know I shouldn't have anything at this time. Hoping to ween down from this soon. I welcome suggestions on this.
8 pounds down so far.
That is my update. I will share more soon.