Daily weigh in's

I know it is not recommend but I do daily weigh in's. Sometimes, I get a little pang when the scale goes up but I also know that my weight is going fluctuate. It has gotten so that I can sort of tell when my weight is going to fluctuate and know what the scales are going to say. Getting on the scales is almost a treat for me, because I try really hard to keep on track every day and it does motivate me to see progress, because honestly I don't see it in the mirror at all.

So whether you weigh in daily or not I want to know...why or why not? (Note I doubt I will stop. I am a scaled addict the other day I thought my scale was broken..what a feeling. Thinking about getting a back up lol)

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,036 Member
    edited May 2021
    I weigh daily. It keeps my mind focused.
    And I don't mind the fluctuations much, experience has shown me when I can expect fluctuations. Not that I don't still have some strange inexplicable fluctuations too, but I've learnt to not worry about them.

I have a spreadsheet where I track all sorts of metrics, including my weight trend. I also use Libra for my weight trend.

I don't think weighing daily is a bad idea, as long as you don't change strategies with every fluctuation (some people panic when they see fluctuations).
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,080 Member
    I also weigh daily. It gives me something daily to work towards cause I do love seeing the number go down! I expect fluctuations though and don’t let it change my routine. Weighing daily keeps me focused and it’s a fun morning ritual. I use happy scale to see the downward trend.
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited May 2021
    I normally weigh weekly and post to one of the daily/weekly challenge threads. Last month I tried out the daily weighing and found the ups and downs too frustrating. Now I'm back to weekly weighing. I weigh on Fridays which helps me determine what restaurant and/or what food on the menu I'm going to eat on Saturday as that is the only day we go out to eat anymore.
  • aqua14lisa
    aqua14lisa Posts: 35 Member
    So I'm not the only one to weigh daily!! Keeps me focused, I can see what is working, eating enough protein seems key for me, without an unhappy surprise on weigh-in day if it were weekly. Slow and steady is working. Have a mini-goal each month, 6 pounds, and since January 2021 its been met.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Couple times per week and take the average. I used to weigh in daily, but I ultimately didn't find that data to be particularly meaningful. I don't think day to day normal swings really tell you anything in regards to what is or isn't working...they're just normal swings.
  • jasondwightpowell
    jasondwightpowell Posts: 40 Member
    Although I do weigh myself about every other week and will be checking body fat % once a month I don't get hung up on numbers.

Do I:

1. Feel good about myself
    2. Are my jeans getting looser and my shirts getting tighter
    3. Are the abs starting to show back up
    4. Am I getting stronger
    5. And so many more ways to check that I am making progress