Cold feet!

Does anyone feel like they can’t keep the heat in while losing weight? I’ve only just started but my house is a decent temperature and I’m bloody freezing! I felt this a few days ago too! X

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Does anyone feel like they can’t keep the heat in while losing weight? I’ve only just started but my house is a decent temperature and I’m bloody freezing! I felt this a few days ago too! X

A lot of people experience this when they are in a deficit. Your body temperature can lower. It usually takes a little time for this to kick in so make sure you are not eating too little. There is definitely such a thing as losing too fast.

It may also be temporary if you did something like cut out a large portion of carbs from your normal way of eating.
  • Inowantobefatanymore
    Inowantobefatanymore Posts: 12 Member
    NovusDies wrote: »

A lot of people experience this when they are in a deficit. Your body temperature can lower. It usually takes a little time for this to kick in so make sure you are not eating too little. There is definitely such a thing as losing too fast.

It may also be temporary if you did something like cut out a large portion of carbs from your normal way of eating.

Im working out way more than I was- which was almost NIL and I’m consuming more calories than I was except it’s with nutritious food so yeah probably both ha! Thanks!
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Yes! I get cold while sitting at my desk. If I get up and walk around, I warm up. Some times I just gotta turn the heat up!
  • conniewilkins56
    conniewilkins56 Posts: 3,391 Member
    I wear socks to bed because my feet get cold if I don’t!.....I take a jacket in the car because I get chilly....before I lost weight, I was always too hot!
  • anna_lowe
    anna_lowe Posts: 39 Member
    when i changed my diet and lost some weight i was freezing all the time. turns out my iron was ridiculously low. if it keeps up, it wouldn't hurt to check your blood work.