I’m so close to giving up right now

Options
2»

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    Another thought: think of it as science. When you do your weigh in, take emotion out of it. Get on the scale, get the number and before you react emotionally, tell yourself, "That's today's snapshot" or "That's my data point for today." No berating yourself. No being "good" or "bad" just a number in a looong line of numbers that provide information on any given day.

I told you I can't weigh myself daily, but it doesn't mean I'm not curious as heck some days (the good ones, usually!) to hop on just once and see progress. But I also know the emotion that is (unreasonably) attached to my weight, and it won't be helpful, even if I'm happy about the number. Same goes for days when my calories are over, even when they're over by a LOT. It's a data point. Every day has one. For the rest of your life. Aim for more days that are "on plan" than "off plan." And give yourself the time and grace to learn about the process, about yourself, about what works for you. You have to find something that will work moving forward. And you will :)

Endorsed.

One day's scale weight is just a momentary snapshot of my body's relationship with gravity. It's not a measure of my success at weight management, let alone of my value as a human being.

If I drink a cup of water, sweat, eat breakfast, use the bathroom, my weight changes . . . meaninglessly. Multi-week trends - patterns - are where the weight management meaning lies. Even then, it's just an input to strategy and decision making, something I can use to adjust the plans I'm using to aim at my goals, not an endpoint in and of itself.

Hang in there, keep going, keep learning, keep thinking and adjusting. You can succeed at this. It does take patience!

Best wishes!