Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weedend Train Wreck...Back on track Monday

OK... ADVICE NEEDED: How do you guys stay on track on the weekends! I don't know about you but by the time Friday gets here... I'm ready to ditch the logging (of food) and have a few bevies with a big piece of pizza. (Just being honest) Then I beat myself up about it and do it again Saturday night. WHY CAN'T I STOP THE INSANITY??!! By Sunday I've come down off my craziness and get back on the "healthier choices" train! How do you stay on track?

Replies

• Most importantly - don't beat yourself up
    Secondly, it's not insanity

We are all human and have our weaknesses and strengths etc
    talking down to yourself only makes you feel bad and will help lead to the behaviors you most want to get rid of

Go with the resistance
    Put the calorie counter way and have the pizza and bevvies, but enjoy them!
    Rather than feel bad about yourself the next day, go for a walk/ run, to the gym or lift some weights or whatever it is that will make you feel better about yourself

Over time, maybe just stick to the Friday or Saturday night break from routine
    Perhaps one day it will only be once a month

We all need to unwind after a week at work
    Accept that you will 'fall off the wagon' occasional and that is normal and OK
    Try and counteract this with something healthy (exercise preferably) if you can

So to answer, I don't always stay on track on weekends
    When I slip up I try and accept it without the person recriminations
    Part of my acceptance is to increase my exercise workload to compensate

good luck with it and rest assured, you are not alone
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Don't restrict yourself so severely during the week that you go insane on weekends? There's nothing wrong with pizza and a few drinks. Just plan for them and fit them into your day.