Fear of gaining weight back after foot injury

Options
So I sprained my foot badly during my one workout. We had to jump in and out of tires and my foot got stuck and bent. It’s not broken, but badly sprained. My workouts i do with the trainers at my gym are very high intensity, and now I can’t do them 😢 I’ve come so far since the end of January and now I can only do upper body. I’m so afraid that I will gain weight back that I’ve lost now that I can’t do cardio until however long this takes to heal. I’d love some friends on here for support, and I will support you too! So feel free to add me or post any tips for me to do in the gym other than just arm machines??

Replies

• rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I had ankle replacement surgery- the recovery from which involved a 12-week recovery: 4 weeks with my foot never touching the floor, 4 weeks of very restricted non-weightbearing PT, and 4 weeks walking in a boot and progressive weight-bearing exercises. I was finally allowed to return to lap swimming after that 12 weeks.

I felt lucky that I made it through with only 4 lbs regain by dropping my MFP activity level to "sedentary" and rigorously logging every bite of food.