Anyone have meal ideas with VR workouts?

Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone here does beat saber or some other VR games that they do for working out since gyms have been closed at least by me. I’m also looking for the best meal guides as I’m home all the time. I thought about doing fasting as well and aiming between 1-2lbs a week.

Currently I’m 5’9, 192lb 27 M

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone here does beat saber or some other VR games that they do for working out since gyms have been closed at least by me. I’m also looking for the best meal guides as I’m home all the time. I thought about doing fasting as well and aiming between 1-2lbs a week.

Currently I’m 5’9, 192lb 27 M

I don't, but people periodically post about various Oculus games over in the Fitness part of the MFP Community. If I did it right, this search ought to show you some of the ones from the last few months:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=1&search=oculus&title=&author=&cat=7&subcats=1&tags=&discussion_discussion=1&comment_comment=1&group_group=1&within=6+months&date=today

You can presumably do a similar search to see if there are other VR environments being used, if you know of others.

If fasting would help you stick with a calorie goal, and doesn't have negative side effects for you personally, why not try it, see how it works? There isn't much sound science yet about it IMO, and no evidence I've seen that convinced me it had some weight loss magic different from eating the same calories on any other schedule, but some people find it helpful (such as for appetite management). I'm assuming we're talking about intermittent fasting (TRE, time restricted eating), not crazy-long water fasts or something.

At your size, if you have fitness/appearance/muscularity goals, I'd suggest staying closer to a pound a week than 2 pounds a week. Keeping loss rate down closer to 0.5% of current weight weekly can reduce risk of losing unnecessarily much lean mass alongside fat loss, but 1% is kind of the top end most people who're successful here would suggest *at an extreme*, and that's less viable for someone who isn't extremely obese (i.e., not obese enough for the weight itself to be an acute health risk). You're only at BMI 28.4, so technically only in the overweight zone, per that screening metric (which is admittedly imperfect).

Meal guides? Eat the right number of calories, hit your macro goals (protein & fat as minimums), eat a boatload of varied, colorful veggies/fruit for micros and fiber. There are no "magic foods" and personal happiness is important. You're looking for a permanent change in habits that will keep you at a healthy weight long term, right?

At one extreme, there are sites like this, that will give you a very structured daily plan for X calories, in Y meals/snacks, using Z eating style:

https://www.eatthismuch.com/

At the other extreme is this kind of thing, where you start with your current eating habits, and gradually remodel to hit calorie, nutrition, and other goals, while eating foods you like:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10636388/free-customized-personal-weight-loss-eating-plan-not-spam-or-mlm/p1

Either approach can work, it's more of a personal style choice kind of thing.

Oh, and: Welcome to MFP!

Best wishes for success reaching your goals.