Calories

Options
Hi all .I've not been logging calories on here for a while I've been using another app ,anyway I thought I'd have a nosey on here and thought I'd give it a go .The calories I've been allocated on here are 275 more than on the other app which is confusing ,any ideas .

Replies

• yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Options
    What is your weightliss goal on both apps? Looks like you’ve chosen 1/2 pound less here.
  • Sarahrathmell49
    Sarahrathmell49 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello my goals are set the same on both apps .
  • meeppeepneep
    meeppeepneep Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    what is the other app?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Other apps may estimate your BMR using different formulae taken from different studies.
    Other apps may apply different multipliers to your estimated BMR.
    ( Go to this calculator and you can get six different estimates - https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ )

But in your position as you have been calorie counting you should know what your weight is doing at the calorie level you were previously eating at so I'd suggest working from your own data rather than starting from scratch again. If you are losing near the rate you desire then carry on - you can manually set your number instead of taking the number from the guided set-up.

BTW - Often MyFitnessPal appears lower than other calculators as exercise isn't included in its estimate unlike most other apps, so it's a bit unusual that it came out higher.
  • Sarahrathmell49
    Options
    Mfp is giving me more than the other app ,do confusing .Thank you .
  • Sarahrathmell49
    Options
    what is the other app?

Nutracheck .