Trying to get in shape

Hello,

I have been out of shape for about 4 years now, I want to get into better shape for quality of life, feeling better, and not feeling self conscious. My biggest challenges are, that I am on the road a lot, and I live alone when home, so it is hard to plan simple meals that are healthy and good, that I can kind of make and be able to enjoy for the week or a couple days at least, and also eating lunch and breakfast, I was doing keto, and was pretty successful for a year or so, but then I crashed and crashed hard, eating terribly for months, and am in the same boat I was before, and feeling terrible, bloated, joints aching etc. I am not in terrible shape, I am 48 years old, 6'2" and 275 lbs., I would love to get down to 220 - 230. I plan on joining the gym again and eating better, any advice for meal planning and starting up working out again, I am ok with starting slowly, I want to develop good habits that will last, while being able to splurge sometimes too.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,939 Member
    What do you mean by, "On the road?"

Are you travelling by car? Staying in hotels/motels?
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Is joining a meal prep delivery service something that is feasible for you? Since you are super busy, that may help with the meal planning when you're at home.

When you do have to travel, my biggest piece of advice would be to plan ahead. Bring healthy, portable snacks that will keep you full for a bit (e.g., some nuts and veggies or fruit). Look ahead to see what restaurants are nearby and look at their menus so you can know what to order ahead of time. If you can, book a hotel with a gym, or even just plan out where you could for a walk nearby and learn some bodyweight exercises you can do in your hotel room.