I’m new to the community

Options
Hello,
My name is Tasha and I’m new to the community and I’m still trying to learn how to track my meals. I’m not even sure if I’m doing it correctly, but on the good side of things I did lose 5lbs since I started in April.
Today I set a 30 day cardio challenge for myself so I will be back you post half way through. Wish me the beat ☺️

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,564 Member
    Options
    Hi, Tasha: Welcome to the Community!

It sounds like you're off to a really great start. If you've already lost 5 pounds, that's a good sign that you're doing things right. While weight loss won't be linear, slow and steady patience will help with winning this particular race.

A cardio challenge, at the appropriate level (challenging but not exhausting), sounds like a great next step, especially if it's something that will be fun and motivating for you. One caution: You may see a little water retention at first, needed for muscle repair from the new challenge, and that can mask fat loss on the scale for a short time. If that happens, don't panic. It's not fat gain, so it's not worth worrying about. It's just part of how a normal body gets stronger and fitter. With patience, you'll see fat loss outpace that small water gain quite soon.

Wishing you great success with MFP!