I'm new to MFP a stay home mom looking for encouragement

Options
I'm 27 from south Texas and a stay home mom new to MFP heard about it through a friend. I'd like some friends for motivation my husband isn't very supportive. he doesn't put me down or anything he just isn't helpful he'll say things like " one burger won't hurt you" and isn't very encouraging. I also have small kids and it's hard to make them a good meal and me something different. it's also hard because I've never been a heavy person but 4 years back I was pregnant and ina pretty bad car accident luckily my son was OK but I wasn't right after I had him I went in for back surgery. so I kept 40lbs baby weight plus about an extra 60lbs over my recovery since my husband had to do everything for me I couldn't even bathe myself so since he was doing everything he isn't a cook so it was take out for breakfast lunch and dinner. I'm now ready to get rid this weight I'm tired being so heavy and unhappy with my body. my first goal would be lose 50lbs but ultimately I'd like to lose 100lbs get back to where I was. if anyone can relate with my weight lose goals and just everyday struggles add me and I'll encourage you best I can and we can help each other.

Replies

• dirtbikinchik
    Options
    Hi there! I am new myself and lookig for some Motivation and Guidance! Looks like we are in the right place! Let's help one another!
  • monica_reinert
    monica_reinert Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi Laura,

I am a wife and mother too. I understand what you are going through. I would like to lose a total of 110lbs if possible, but I am taking one day at a time. I have an open diary, and I try to log everyday. If you would like to add me as a friend feel free.

Monica
  • amberkeever1
    amberkeever1 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I am a stay at home mom too and new as well. We're even the same age! Wanna be friends?
  • ThisCanadian
    ThisCanadian Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm a SAHM with two young daughters. Right now I'm running and lifting weights & kettlebells to get back into shape. I'm online throughout the day but only want interactive and equally supportive friends. Add me if that sounds like a good match.

Cheers,
  • kravmark2
    kravmark2 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Hey welcome to mfp! Feel free to add me

Mark
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    This is a great place to find support and information. I am also a sahm. I had 100lbs to lose too. I am now a total of 56 lbs down from my heaviest. It is hard. It is frustrating. It is hard not to beat yourself up. It is hard not to see yourself as a failure is you oops or don't progress quickly. But even with all of this, it is possible. I started with a c25k and I really really didn't like it. Now it was the best thing I have ever done for myself. Add me as a friend. I am trying to get back at it after slowing down during summer break, so the support can go both ways. :)
  • S0nsh1ne
    S0nsh1ne Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 43 work full-time and my husband and I have a 10 year old. I've been in physical therapy multiple times because of my back but during past few years things are so much better so I understanding not being able to physically do for yourself. I began MFP on 1/7/2013 and have lost over 30 lbs. My weight goal for 2013 is 50 lbs. Reducing processed foods and watching my caloric intake is working great! I'm on here every day but am not great with the motivation / encouragement. Just trying to do my best while being realistic. Good luck!