I have to start.

Options
ayalsherif0611
ayalsherif0611 Posts: 1 Member
edited May 2021 in Getting Started
Hi everybody, I am new to this so don't even know if anybody is going to read my thread.
I moved to another country to start my masters degree a year and half ago, I struggled with PTSD and with the coronavirus situation I have been doing nothing but staying home, taking online classes, sleeping and unfortunately my dorm doesn't have a kitchen so fast food was my only option. Fortunately a month ago I was able to buy an induction and started fixing my diet a bit. I am going back to my spend my summer vacation with my family and don't want them to see how miserable I look right now. I am trying to fix my diet for both my physical and mental health as I am in an east asian country, everybody speaks about nothing but losing weight I get more stressed and frustrated. I am not that fat. I am 166cm and 70kgs. But I have been struggling so much with my overall image that I can't even focus on my studies.
I am writing this hoping to successfully shed some weight and get healthier.
I am planning to use healthier options of ingredients. Cook more than ordering food and try to walk as much as I can.

Replies

• MidlifeCrisisFitness
    MidlifeCrisisFitness Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Do it
  • Zinka61
    Zinka61 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    You can totally do this! The weight loss culture sounds a bit stressful there, but your plan to cook more is a good one, and MFP is an amazing tool. You don't have much weight to lose. I was surprised at how quickly I got down to my goal weight (staying there has been the problem, but my friends keep me here, logging, and that makes all the difference). Can you get out for walks when you feel like snacking? Eat loads of veggies? Think about health more than weight... I don't know how quickly you are going home to your family, but even getting a bit more exercise itself may perk you up and make you feel better.
  • mikhnpaitsmum
    mikhnpaitsmum Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    You got this. Add me if you like. My diary is open if you want boring meal ideas:)