The Journey

alamumba
alamumba Posts: 3 Member
I started this weight loss Journey back in March (20th) work out hard at least 5-6 6 times per week. Eating much healthier Salads, veggies, Protien, yogurt and cottage cheese. Tracking all my food intake. Have lost a total of 4 pounds, but have gained back 3.5 lbs. My wife says she can see me getting more muscular from the weight training, and I feel that as well. Just frustrating to not show weight loss on the scale. I'll keep pushing.

Replies

• FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    I try to keep in mind that the scale is only a "tool" in my weight loss journey. You have other parameters that show you NSVs. I am 68-years old and my skin is not bouncing back as it did in my younger years, but I am extremely happy with my loss (104 lbs.) since July 2020. I feel much better, and I'm sure as you progress further you will too and appreciate how far you have come from when you first started your journey. Just stay the course, it will all come together for you eventually.
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,072 Member
    Sounds like you are on a great path! Keep in mind that while your body is rebuilding muscle, it is going to retain water and make you heavier - temporarily. So paying attention to how you look and how your clothes fit, to say nothing of your strength improvements, will help you see all aspects of your success. Enjoy the little wins as well as the big ones, and keep going! You've got this!
  • alamumba
    alamumba Posts: 3 Member
    Hey Sand_tiger and FabricWoman, thanks for your kind words. I was not sure that any one even replied. But thanks for the encouraging words. Def. frustrated with no losses in the weight category... Def. Getting stronger and endurance has improved, as well as paying closer attention to what I am eating.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!