I stopped weighing myself and I’m scared to

So after I realized I had gained over 20 lb a few months ago I stopped weighing myself. I am taking things seriously now but worried if I step on the scale I will be disheartened. Ever find it’s better to avoid the scale and concentrate on health?

Replies

• mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    edited May 2021
    If you don't want to step on the scale right now, measure yourself and notice how your clothing fits. Don't be disheartened, we all slip up, just remember to take it one day at a time. Remember you are doing this for health, it's about changing your habits for life.
    When you feel comfortable, step on the scale and see where you're at. If you lost weight, great! If you haven't, make a plan, log your food and stick to it. You've got this!!
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    No. For me personally if I'm avoiding the scale I'm lying to myself and avoiding reality. Usually it's when I'm having a lapse with binge eating. Stepping on sooner rather than later helps me to get back on track whereas just leaving it allows me to not face the truth and continue destructive behaviour. YMMV.