IT'S CRUNCH TIME! (Lets be friends?)

Options
Nikorable
Nikorable Posts: 13 Member
Hello Darlings!

It's been a long time since I've really been on here so I figured I would post an introduction to say "Hi" again but also to find some like minded friends for this journey. Some of my stats would be:

Height: 5'7"
Current Weight: 275lbs
Highest Weight: 400lbs
Goal weight: 250lbs (Currently goal for skin removal surgery)
Activity level: I'm a custodian by trade so on workdays I'm fairly active on my toes but on my off days I am fairly sedentary.

I'm looking to up my activity level stat! Just trying to figure out where to start to be honest. I have a bunch of medical issues... one of them being something called Cholinergic urticaria which is a type of hives brought on by raised body temperature. It typically develops when you exercise or sweat so that can make things a bit more difficult.

As for foods, I have been slacking lately and finding myself eating/drinking increasingly unhealthy foods and I'm just going to curb stomp that ASAP.

Is there anyone out there who wants a friend for this journey who is silly but motivated? Anyone want to help me keep disciplined? Any tips and tricks to help me deal with my medical issues? Anything really! Let's talk!! :)

Replies

• Jackiefrost1013
    Jackiefrost1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Hi Nik!
    First of congratulations on you weight loss so far! That is amazing!
    I am 48, 5 foot 1. My highest weight was around 311 but when I started MFP on June 29th 2020 my starting weight was 298. Currently I’m at 244. I was lower but I got a new scale and I had to make some adjustments lol.

I completely understand your line of work. I clean houses for a living myself. So M-F I am very active but weekends not so much.

I’m not familiar with your particular urticaria however my daughter has a form clad cold urticaria, which is similar but hers hives happen when she gets too cold. So in the winter she really has to bundle up.

I would love to support one another along our journeys. I’m sending you a FR. My diary is open and I log daily.
  • jklmlosesit
    jklmlosesit Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    42-year-old mom and massage therapist. Logging daily and sent both of you a friend request!