Not New But Starting Over

geekyjock76
geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
I began weightlifting during my junior year in high school. By the time I reached 25 years of age, I had realistically put on as much muscle mass as was naturally possible and weighed a lean 192 lbs. Then I injured my lower back, followed by a ruptured pectoral muscle. Despite considerable atrophy, I recovered, stayed in shape and obtained a Kinesiology degree in 2010.

A few years after, I joined this website whilst working as a Personal Trainer; during those fun years, I was quite active in the gym as well as these forums. Since then, I've experienced a plethora of injuries that gradually resulted in a significant loss of muscle mass concomitant with a decline in my self-esteem and efficacy.

As of this morning, I weighed approximately 193 lbs and visually accessed my body fat to be in the vicinity of 24% if not higher. When I gaze at these photos, I see what appears to be an unfamiliar person. But reality quickly sets in - this individual is me.

0zyqjpcxb59f.jpg
cr360is1einj.jpg

Last week was the first time in over a year that I satisfied my goal of lifting weights for four days. Now it's time to stick with it whilst dieting down to a goal of 10% body fat. I intend to take monthly progress photos which I'll update here.