Need more friend to keep me going!

Options
The gyms where I live are closed and have been for awhile. I’m also doing online learning with one child and it’s brutal. I’m struggling to get exercise in and have fallen off. Yes I know that’s not an excuse .The more friends on my feed , the more I feel inspired and motivated by following their journeys .Anyone ? :)

Replies

• Hudsonsma
    Hudsonsma Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Friends****. Not sure how to edit lol
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Been there with the online learning with 3 kids and I feel your pain the stress was unbelievable. I'm lucky that 2 of mine are back at school full time and 1 part time so I'm walking and doing exercise at home to burn the calories and tone the flab.
  • Angi_M
    Angi_M Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Hey, I hear you. Been doing online school wth my kindergartener and trying to work from home. Feel like all I do is yell somedays. Stress is definitely impacting my motivation. Add me if you like, can use the accountability too.
  • sjacobsfarmer
    sjacobsfarmer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Gyms are open around here and my two little ones are in school/daycare, but I am still struggling to make my health/weight loss a priority.

My plan (as of today) is:
    *Cycle 5 miles in the mornings
    *Meal prep healthy lunches for work week
    *Meal prep smoothies for work week

I’d like to lose 21 lbs by the end of the summer.
  • Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Feel free to send me a friend request! I’m back on this journey after having a baby boy 4 months ago. I am 6lbs above a healthy BMI (my initial goal) and I’m also starting to exercise and do basic strength training more regularly.
  • msmalich
    msmalich Posts: 6 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    The struggle is real! I don't know if you have it in your budget to find a stationary bike (I got mine used for $250) and pay for the Peloton app ($13/mo), but let me tell you it has been LIFE CHANGING for me! I've never enjoyed working out and I was not a biker, but I ride 5-6 days a week now and I LOVE it! The Peloton instructors are amazing, they are all so body positive and supportive. I literally laugh my way through my workouts most days. I can get an amazing workout in just 30 minutes of "me" time, and let me tell you, my mental health has never been better! I started in November and I've lost just over 20 lbs using the bike and tracking calories with MFP.
  • sjacobsfarmer
    Options
    Do you have to have a Peloton bike to use the Peloton app or will any stationary bike work?
  • sjacobsfarmer
    Options
    Peloton has a free trial period so I gave it a shot. I can use the app without the bike, although my stationary bike is not conducive to cycling upright which the trainer did a lot.
  • Amberp1011
    Amberp1011 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel ya! I have a 6 year old in virtual learning, working full time 12 hour shifts and my husband has a broken foot!!!! I’ve been struggling mentally and physically. I did tell myself that yesterday was the day I was gonna get back on track. Low carb’d and got some walking in at work! Day 2 here I come!

Also, we go on vacation in 5 weeks so 👙is a good motivator.

I need motivational friends so please add me 😊
  • msmalich
    msmalich Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Peloton has a free trial period so I gave it a shot. I can use the app without the bike, although my stationary bike is not conducive to cycling upright which the trainer did a lot.

I don't have a Peloton bike, but I have one like you'd find at a rec center that does spin classes. I bought it used on FB marketplace for $250. I use the app for their cycling classes, I also really like their strength, stretching, core and yoga classes.