High in protein/low in Fat

Options
Food to grab that is High in protein but low in Fat?? I am having a hard time getting my fats down and my protein up! Please help this girl out!!!! Thanks in advance

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,944 Member
    Options
    Poultry, seafood, non-fat Greek yogurt.
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    Low-fat cottage cheese, protein powder. I used to buy turkey lunchmeat and snack on that, but since I can't have that right now (and probably shouldn't be eating that everyday, anyway), I buy a rotisserie chicken and will have some of that as part of a snack.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    Any low/no fat dairy or low fat meat (including most seafood and lean cuts of beef and pork or game meat, as well as the usual chicken/turkey breast).
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    poultry, fish/seafood, lean cuts of beef and pork, jerky, low or no fat greek yogurt...
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,070 Member
    Options
    The thread below links to a spreadsheet that lists many, many foods in order by protein efficiency, most protein for fewest calories. The foods near the top of that list will inherently be lower fat (and carb) foods, because they're getting relatively more of their calories from just the protein. There's a column that lists the carbs/fats besides.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10247171/carbs-and-fats-are-cheap-heres-a-guide-to-getting-your-proteins-worth-fiber-also

As a side note, I hope you're realizing you don't have to hit macro goals exactly: Close is good enough. If your protein is persistently low, that's worth working on. Absent relevant medical problems, higher fat intake within calorie goal isn't necessarily a problem - certainly won't affect weight loss. Both fat and protein are essential nutrients, perhaps best considered as minimums rather than maximums, while working toward a reasonable calorie goal.