Just looking for feedback.

Options
Sorry I'm not sure anyone saw this when I first posted as the site was down earlier.

Hey guys my name's John. Been on MFP for about 6 weeks now. In that time I've lost a good 20 lbs. Others have started to notice and I have a bit as well. I always hear that 1-2 is the healthy goal, and I believe this is an average of just over 3. First week I lost 8 pounds, I assume most was water weight. I had a steady loss of 1-3 lbs. Per there after. However, this past week I used a step counter app on my phone, to calculate roughly how many calories I burn in a day. I have an active job at a chocolate factory (No, I don't much care for chocolate thank god), and I am on my feet 10-13 hrs a day all week (maybe one day off). So since I started using my step counter, and not even factoring the 50 lbs boxes i lift all day at work, I noticed a good amount of calories burned. I started then to compensate with some food later at night to keep my net goal up. (Ex. Cottage cheese, Natural PB w. Rice cakes) I wanted to see how it would go and, after weighing myself yesterday I saw a 5 lbs drop. Now is eating a bit more to keep up my net goal something i should stick to? Or was this simply a coincidence? Sorry for the lengthy post, just need some feedback. Thank you all in advance.

Replies

• Minnie2361
    Minnie2361 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    What I have been told that water weight is part of the first months loss and for that reason weight loss is higher in the beginning.