Ticker questions

Options
southkonahi
southkonahi Posts: 137 Member
I'm not sure which category to put my questions about the "ticker", so I'll just go ahead and use this category.
1) I updated my ticker to one of my own photos. It said it was accepted, but the ticker still shows the old generic ticker. Is there a trick to getting a personalized photo to actually show up?
2) Where do I find my own ticker when I want to view it?
3) Some people have their ticker show up when they post to a thread. Can that be set somewhere so it always shows in a thread, or is it that the person is entering it each time themselves.

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,109 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    1) not a clue, sorry 🙂
    2) you should see it on your profile (but you need to set it to 'public' for it to work, I think)
    3) there is no signature option in the forums, I think it's something you need to add manually with each post

• Lietchi
    edited May 2021
    Options
    PS: I think many people have issues with the ticker not showing, I can see it on my profile via my desktop computer, but not on my phone for some strange reason.

Just going to test my ticker here, to see if it works:

175984132.png
  • Lietchi
    Options
    PPS: I tried to change the look of my ticker (from one standard type to another) but it's not doing anything. Perhaps there's a delay for updating/creating the ticker?
  • Lietchi
    Options
    And now my ticker has updated, at last. Hopefully yours too in the meantime :smile:
  • str82nichelle
    str82nichelle Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited May 2021
    Options
    I have not tried to change mine, but I know you go into apps and then ticker to see it. In order to have it in a thread or post, then get your code and you copy and paste it for the Bbcode (left hand) box.

138036940.png
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    Tickers used to be automatically posted when you posted something in the forum but that stopped a long time ago. Unless you make the conscious effort to copy and past your code. I miss my ticker.
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    That feature has been buggy for years and they never fix it. Mine looks like a broken link on my profile most days.
  • spyro88
    spyro88 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I miss them too! Stopped working so long ago.
  • Gimme2017
    Gimme2017 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Mine stopped working a long time ago. I miss it!
  • bemorestubborn
    bemorestubborn Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for saving me lots of time trying to make the ticker work - it is not showing up for me either.