Fellow Struggler Here

Options
j3ffr3y
j3ffr3y Posts: 6 Member
I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I lose weight, then it comes back. I have done a half Ironman and lots of Triathlons over the years and have exercised my way to a lower weight, but have always struggled with keeping my eating in check. As soon as I am not training my weight increases. So, 2020 was a big year for me, and by big I mean I gained weight. I am here to log what I eat and continue to work on developing better eating habits. I know if I can control what I eat I will be healthier and happier with my own skin.

Replies

• NovusDies
    NovusDies Posts: 8,940 Member
    Options
    j3ffr3y wrote: »
    I have struggled with my weight for most of my adult life. I lose weight, then it comes back. I have done a half Ironman and lots of Triathlons over the years and have exercised my way to a lower weight, but have always struggled with keeping my eating in check. As soon as I am not training my weight increases. So, 2020 was a big year for me, and by big I mean I gained weight. I am here to log what I eat and continue to work on developing better eating habits. I know if I can control what I eat I will be healthier and happier with my own skin.

Your new strategy of focusing on food as well as learning from strategies that haven't provided sustained results put you in an excellent starting place.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    j3ffr3y wrote: »

Well, yeah, if you keep eating the same amount but stop burning as many calories in a day, that's going to happen. If Olympic athletes ate as much in the off-season as they do while they're training or competing, they'd all weigh 400 lbs. (Hyperbole, but the point stands.) Calories in < calories out is the key. It's much easier to control calories in than out, to boot.
  • j3ffr3y
    j3ffr3y Posts: 6 Member
    Options

Well, yeah, if you keep eating the same amount but stop burning as many calories in a day, that's going to happen. If Olympic athletes ate as much in the off-season as they do while they're training or competing, they'd all weigh 400 lbs. (Hyperbole, but the point stands.) Calories in < calories out is the key. It's much easier to control calories in than out, to boot.

Yes. I am very well aware of the why of my weight gain when I am not training. 😂